The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikolais!!

Hi! I know i only ever come to this forum for medical advice- but I'm 15, and i have three rats- all girls, all a year and a half old. They're a bonded set. About a month ago, my smallest girl, Science started developing benign tumors. Two around her leg, one under her arm. The one under her arm has shrunk and is barely noticeable, but the other two are about 2 cm in width. Here comes the concern- she has scraped it open while climbing her cage, and now there is a noticeable indentation in it, a bit too open for my liking. Ive been keeping it clean with saline, and careful with her care. It doesn't seem to be causing her much pain, shes still eating, sleeping and climbing like a normal girl. My dad thinks it isnt worth taking to her a vet, because the nearest one is about four hours away and he won't pay for that. He's suggesting putting her down- but i want to know if there's anything i can do that ISN'T that, to aid in healing it over because right now it may be at risk of bursting. I am hoping to maybe save up for a vet visit - I'm calling monday to see if its anything i can afford. At this point I'm desperate, she's such a sweet girl and i dont want to loose her or let her be hurting.

Back