Would anyone like to do an "Oxbow Regal Rat" run?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christie

I have heard that some people do a Harlan run but can we do an Regal Rat run? If you buy the 3lb bags, your pay about 2.50$/lb but if you buy the 40lb box, is like, .83 cents/lb. So why doesnt someone but a few boxes of the 40lb and then resell them in 10lb bags because 3lb's isnt big enought and 40lb's is ALOT of rat food. What do you think of this idea? Would anyone wanna arrange this?

Ratlover101 said:
I have heard that some people do a Harlan run but can we do an Regal Rat run? If you buy the 3lb bags, your pay about 2.50$/lb but if you buy the 40lb box, is like, .83 cents/lb. So why doesnt someone but a few boxes of the 40lb and then resell them in 10lb bags because 3lb's isnt big enought and 40lb's is ALOT of rat food. What do you think of this idea? Would anyone wanna arrange this?

I think it all depends on which province you are in.

Also, many people feel their rats don't like Oxbow. Mine go in spurts, they eat only Oxbow then a few weeks later they'll only eat Harlan and then back to Oxbow. :roll:

Mine are like that to.....I just give them a small bowl everynight. Just a few pieces each.....they eat it but some nights not all of it.

I live in Ontario. But I've heard a lot of people saying that they have there rats on Oxbow so I thought we wouldnt have a problem selling the oxbow.

Back when I only had 4 rats, I ordered a large bag of Oxbow, repackaged it into small freezer bags and froze it. It lasted me about a year.
(Blocks are good for 6 months after the milling date and 12 months after the milling date if frozen. Open bags of blocks go stale after 3 months.)

I would suggest that you just buy a large bag of Oxbow, or go in with another person or two and split a bag. Then you can repackage what you have and freeze it for yourself.

With Harlan Tech it is different as their min. order is $1000, so a large number of people need to get together in order to buy it.

Back