Worst Parents Ever!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think the ferret was crazy?

• a) Yes

• b) No

Results are only viewable after voting.

RatKat

How do you not notice a baby screaming? 7 Fingers....the ferret got seven fingers---this probably would have taken a while.

I have a ferret-he loves babies...even when they pull his tail. I don't have kids but I'd like to think that I would wake up if I was in the same room as a screaming baby.

I feel bad for ferrets everywhere...this situation will just increase their bad reputation...

I do like the lady in this video though...the ferret was forced to do it...the ferret didn't go crazy...

I wonder if the ferret was used for hunting bunnies and other critters-that might explain a few things...but in general I wonder why it attacked...and how it wasn't stopped?

[youtube:272vj1yx]MktNbzjTgpc[/youtube:272vj1yx]

I think its called bad parenting.. So lets blame it on the ferret because that is way easier than taking responsibility. I have two ferrets myself and they have nipped pretty hard before but only when we are playing with them.. Other than their playtime they don't ever nip. For one thing why is a ferret loose and not in a cage while there is a baby AND the parents are asleep? Ferret/Child playtime should ALWAYS be monitored. That woman obviously knows what she is talking about. Did the ferret honestly attack just because? Doubtful... and again how could the ferret have gotten ALL 7 FINGERS OFF before the parents noticed/intervened.

Stupidity is annoying

OMG parents take some ownership for your craptastic behaviour. An infant/child should never be left unattended with an animal. The ferret should be put in it's cage overnight when you can watch it. I'm sorry I don't let my daughter in with my rats. She's pet Charlie but we'd never leave him alone with her. Small hands hurt. I say it was purely self defense on the ferrets part. Poor baby and poor ferret. Now the child will have reminders of it's parents stupid actions.

Never leave a child alone with any pet. Kids are rough, they don't know how to handle them.
Those people are STUPID, stupid, stupid for that and yes the child will have to live with their parents mistake.

Just another case of idiot parents who find it easier to place the blame on an animal instead of themselves.

I can see this happening and its not the ferrets fault, period. I have owned 8 ferrets in total and only one was a biter and she was a savage. Why you ask? Cause she lived in a home with small kids that tortured her and she was deaf and no one knew until I got her at 3 years old. I had to handle her with gloves at all times. My other ferrets? Sweethearts, but that doesn't mean I would let one of them babysit my child.
My rats have bitten my two, Leah twice and Kaleb twice, both times were bad. I thought they were fine in Joe's care, I mean he's their father right? Wrong. Joe has a nasty habbit of falling asleep while the 2yr old and then 5month old are left to be babysat by my small animals and pit bull. You can imagine how upset I was!! But I fixed that, the biters are at the highest point out of reach and Joe is never left without a babysitter himself. Hense why I never go anywhere now. Some people are just crap parents with no paternal instinct and shouldnt have either pet or child unsupervised. Yes thats the impression I have of my own fiance.
Poor baby, ferret bites burn/throb like a SOB. I have a few nice scars myself.
Edit to add, I didnt read 7 fingers bit off!! My god! Perfect time for the ol eye for an eye, 14 fingers for 7 fingers if you ask me.

Did the child not scream with the first bite?
WTF? they must have been drunk or high not to hear the child screaming.
Heres hoping they get prosecuted. Child abuse, animal abuse... all around stupidity.

For the ferret to sit there and remove fingers one by one... I'm sorry, but it must have been starving. WTF?

Moon said:
For the ferret to sit there and remove fingers one by one... I'm sorry, but it must have been starving. WTF?

That's what I as thinking. There are so many things wrong with this story... Why was the ferret lose? Why did he attack the baby? (Hunger? Defense?) Why did both parents pass out and not put the baby in the crib? Why did they not wake up sooner? Sadly, I know who's going to pay the ultimate price for this, and it won't be the baby that lost 7 fingers.

LA said:
OMG parents take some ownership for your craptastic behaviour. An infant/child should never be left unattended with an animal. The ferret should be put in it's cage overnight when you can watch it. I'm sorry I don't let my daughter in with my rats. She's pet Charlie but we'd never leave him alone with her. Small hands hurt. I say it was purely self defense on the ferrets part. Poor baby and poor ferret. Now the child will have reminders of it's parents stupid actions.
I think its called bad parenting.. So lets blame it on the ferret because that is way easier than taking responsibility. I have two ferrets myself and they have nipped pretty hard before but only when we are playing with them.. Other than their playtime they don't ever nip. For one thing why is a ferret loose and not in a cage while there is a baby AND the parents are asleep? Ferret/Child playtime should ALWAYS be monitored. That woman obviously knows what she is talking about. Did the ferret honestly attack just because? Doubtful... and again how could the ferret have gotten ALL 7 FINGERS OFF before the parents noticed/intervened.

Stupidity is annoying
This says exactly what I want to say. This story makes me want to cry for the infant and ferret ..It also makes me want to puke. This is why I'm so scared to be a parent. Because I see so many young parents (like I would be) making obvious mistakes that cost an infant or an animal their life. I just don't want to take that risk until I know I can be a good parent.

Apparently the father killed the ferret after the attack (by slamming it into a wall :cry4: :rant: )when the paramedics were seeing to the 4 month old baby. At 4 months of age that child was a baby, he would have been laying on the floor, unable to control his movements properly yet. Even if the child had hit the Ferret, in most cases the Ferret may have bitten once and ran. This is a parental lack of care, apparently they are being investigated.
The baby only has 2 thumbs and one little finger.

So sad. No animal, that is pushed into this kind of thing deserves to die.

I seriously hope bad things happen to these people. Accidents happen-but really who sleeps through a screaming infant that is in the same room as you

Musta missed link or video for this one cuz I don't see it anywhere but I assume it was moronic humans fault!

Back