Worried about Curley

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

Well my sqwishy guy that has to be the center of attention, always wants to come out and play, and is usually the only one eager to have out time to run around refused to play yesterday! :sad3: Everytime we took him out of the cage he went to the ladder and went back in!? He looks so sad, but I don't think anything is wrong with him - he is eatting, drinking, and definately wants his treats... Could he just be having a bad day? We believe he turns 1 this month - so we picked :heart: day for his birthday since we [glow=red:ggxlama1]LOVE[/glow:ggxlama1] him so much!!

I do believe that rats have off days. Maybe he just wasn't feeling right or maybe something spooked him. Keep an eye on him for any other symptoms like porphyrin or loss of appetite. It wouldn't hurt to pick him up and put him to your ear to listen to his lungs. If you hear nothing, or just a slight whoosh, then, that's normal. But any other sounds and he might have a respiratory illness coming on.

I pick him up and listen all the time and I just hear a rapid heart beat.. What is PT? I see it posted here all the time.

Some of mine get spooked too and are just turning a year old on the 16th. I just let them do their thing if they act normal in the cage.

Back