Worried about bottom teeth? Looks painful?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky4LeafClover

My Sosuke wasn't acting weird but he was being very cute so I started taking some photos of him and on one his mouth looked odd and so i started lifting his lip up to look at this teeth and in some shots it looked like the bottom ones were misaligned and spread apart and some they looked fine but it looked injured and kind of purple... hes acting normal and eating normal... hes crunching now on a hard crunchy treat no problem but it looked odd to me. I think he was yawning and then grinding a bit and maybe I caught that movement with the camera but the purple-ish looking picture looks weird to me and I just want to make sure its normal, I over worry about everything but I am hopeful that since everything else is normal i just havent ever seen their mouths like that before.

Glad I'm not the only one that over worries. For the longest time I thought the orange teeth were bad and I needed to figure out a way to brush them :emb: good thing I read on here that was good or the boys may have ended up with dental cleaning.. :laugh4: Glad you baby is just fine.... :heart: :joy:

The purple is normal, as well as when they splay their teeth. I notice when they are falling asleep or comfy they will move their bottom incisors in a scissor motion, then they will start bruxing. Here is a picture of Ellie's perfectly healthy teeth/mouth.
Hopefully the picture will be helpful.
Elliesincisors_zpsb959c0f0.jpg

You want to look out for misalignment's seen in the photos on this article:
http://ratguide.com/health/digestive/malocclusion.php

Back