WOOHOO!!! I passed my defense!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crumbilina

And now have an M.Sc.

Well..... after I have graduated, whenever fall convocation is...

:D

SO happy this is ALMOST over. Just some revisions to my thesis and I AM DONE!

Now to find a job, but first, a bit of time off to relax :)

:dance: :dance: :dance: :joy: :joy: :joy: :woohoonaner: :woohoonaner: :woohoonaner: :congrats!: :congrats!: :congrats!: :congrats!: :congrats!!: :congrats!!: :congrats!!:

oh yes, take a good long well deserved rest!!!

so happy for you, I bet you're super proud
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

jorats said:
CongRATS!!!!!! That is so totally awesome.
Will you be pursuing a phd?

The original plan was to get a phd, but I have decided against it, at least for now. Nice thing is, by stopping now I have closed no doors. I still can get a phd later on, but if I had transferred to the phd program, I would have been stuck there and would not have gotten the masters had I not succeeded at getting the phd.

Right now, I just want to get a job, and DO something. I love lab work and bench work, and usually when you get into phd and higher status, a lot of that is taken away. Plus, I would kind of like to get on with my life. School is great, but I feel I have reached a point where I need to start building a career of my own. I really have no crazy aspirations, I just want a job with security that I enjoy and don't hate going to every day. HAHA although this does seem rare based upon what people have told me >.<.

Plus the income of a grad student does NOT support my rattie addiction. Its not all about money or anything, but when you are only making a fraction of the amount you should be given your working full time, and you aren't allowed to get a second job (unless you jump through hoops to get approval and it is under a certain amount of hours each week - and its a small amount making it not worth while), it can get difficult. Luckily I have savings, but having a FULL income would be wonderful!

Thank you everyone for the congrats :) I feel much happier and less on edge this morning.
It was a strange feeling last night. I went from having to constantly study and DO something to having to do nothing at all! I mean, I have a list of things that "need to get done" such as cage cleans and whatnot, but none of that was getting done yesterday - although it probably would have done some good to actually just do it... but o well :p

I bet it will feel good to get into the workforce, plus this will help you decide if a phd is really necessary. If you love the lab work, why go for the desk job.

Back