Woohoo I love my Adia!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Adia had to have a toe amputated last monday after a run in with Mothra the Terrible. :cheeky:
It was with a new vet who I was unsure of his experience. The procedure too 15-20 mins and I waited in the lobby getting more and more anxious, as all ratmom's and dad's understand. :mrgreen:

Well this past week I realized that he used regular stitches not dissolvable. Sigh, they would have to be removed. So I called them today and was told to drop in anytime for removal. Tonight I went to take a peek at the toe, and she had removed it herself...Yay!!!! Thank You Adia, no long run to the vet...good girl!!!

The night of the surgery
AdiaaftertoeampAug7.jpg

After some pain management she was feeling better, and she started 7 days of preventative Baytril
Adiadayaftertoeamp.jpg

Adia's toe 6 days after surgery
Aidasfoot6daysaftersurgery.jpg

Adia's toe 8 days after surgery
Adia8daysaftertoeamp2.jpg

Adia8daysaftertoeamp.jpg

jorats said:
I was going to say, I didn't see no stitch in there when I was there Monday.

Good girl Adia! It's looking really good.

I was in Goose Chat the other day and people told me I could try to snip the thread on it. I tried but it was a tiny tight little stitch. I wonder if I nicked it and she was able to pull it out herself? I just assumed it was there on Monday. :oops:

I've done that before... it was really quite a nerve wracking experience.
I had my vet on the phone guiding me through the process. I had to remove the stitches from my mom's rat Sven because his leg was swelling to 10 times the size. I'm quite proud of myself for keeping my cool. :lol:

jorats said:
I've done that before... it was really quite a nerve wracking experience.
I had my vet on the phone guiding me through the process. I had to remove the stitches from my mom's rat Sven because his leg was swelling to 10 times the size. I'm quite proud of myself for keeping my cool. :lol:
That's pretty impressive!

lilspaz68 said:
Adia had to have a toe amputated last monday after a run in with Mothra the Terrible. :cheeky:
It was with a new vet who I was unsure of his experience. The procedure too 15-20 mins and I waited in the lobby getting more and more anxious, as all ratmom's and dad's understand. :mrgreen:

Well this past week I realized that he used regular stitches not dissolvable. Sigh, they would have to be removed. So I called them today and was told to drop in anytime for removal. Tonight I went to take a peek at the toe, and she had removed it herself...Yay!!!! Thank You Adia, no long run to the vet...good girl!!!

The night of the surgery
AdiaaftertoeampAug7.jpg

After some pain management she was feeling better, and she started 7 days of preventative Baytril
Adiadayaftertoeamp.jpg

Adia's toe 6 days after surgery
Aidasfoot6daysaftersurgery.jpg

Adia's toe 8 days after surgery
Adia8daysaftertoeamp2.jpg

Adia8daysaftertoeamp.jpg

never underestimate the intelligence of your ratform... ;)

Back