Woodsy hellos!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hippopotamus

Hi, everyone! I'm from PA and I'm actuallyyy not a rat mom yet. I've been researching rats for the past few months and really started itching to join the forum... My apologies for jumping the gun!

Currently living at home and meeting some resistance from my mother - no worries, won't sneak any ratties in - so I'm on the long-term plan of persuading her x)

So hopefully in a couple months I'll be able to join the glorious ranks of rat parenthood! With luck, by the end of the year everything I'm saving for - rats & elsewise - will be in my hands :)

In the meantime, I hope you all don't mind me browsing/asking questions and looking for tips! It helps my rat fever to feel that I'm preparing at least.

How great of you to research ratties before getting them!
This forum is great fun and so interesting-- don't be afraid to post on threads that are already started, even if they are a bunch of pages in length!

We also have a lot of non-rat related threads and sections going on, like word games of craft shares, personal stores, etc. Hopefully your mom will come around when you show her all the cute rats on here! ;)

Hi and welcome to the Shack! I am the same way - big on reading up on my new interests. Make sure you pick the cutest pictures and show your mom. Many of my friends have come to agree rats are cute (as long as they can't see their tail - hahahaha!)

Thank you for the welcome!!!!

What I've seen so far is great - I can't wait to dig deeper. It's always good to have some kind of hobby outside of work, haha!

I will definitely be showing my mom pictures. I think she thinks they're cute she's just... actually, I wish I knew. Everytime I asked why, she has a new reason why I can't. But I will overwhelm with cute ratties!

I don't know why people don't seem to like their tails. They're tails are one of their cutest parts.

Howdy and welcome! It's always a good idea to join forums and talk to owners *before* adding animals to the family...so kudos to you for joining. Good luck in your long term persuasion plan...mom's can be tough to convince sometimes, but I think they usually tend to fall for the rats just as hard once they meet and get to know them.

Thank you!!! :)

It's funny because every time I had a question, whether it was about behavior or cages, Google directed me here so I just figured might as well join!! I'll probably be making a non-intro post for some questions if I can't find them already addressed in previous posts.

I'm REALLY hoping she will. I don't think it's a long shot either... Both my parents are softies when it comes to animals, it's just getting them here first! Unfortunately I don't currently know anyone with rats :(

Back