Wood & illness

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luna

Hi all nice to of you to let me join your forum.
I want to build toys for my rats, but all the wood I can find, is slices of natural pine. Cani use this.
I have a 2yr old. Female rat she has a (mammary tumour, or lump under her boob)
She is also bleeding from her vagina. Which is recent. She squeaks a lot when we pick her up, I love this rat to pieces but if I have to let her go, I will I won't let her suffer. She is eating & drinking fine.
Sorry for such a long past.

She definitely needs to see a vet who is familiar with and knowledgeable about rats. Could be a vaginal myco flare up, prolapsed uterus, or a uterine tumor. Check out www.ratguide.com for some good health info, and make your decision on whether or not to have her put to sleep based on how she acts, and her quality of life. Something as simple as metacam for pain, and antibiotics for infection (if that's what it is) may give her a couple of weeks or months. But ultimately, she will let you know when it's time.....

Also, I don't know about the wood. But I'd be really careful whatI expose her to....

I agree with Dena for the vet but I would avoid pine 100% it can be quite toxic and might make your ratties sick...

Back