Wodent wheels

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always aim for 12" wheels when i buy them, no matter what make they are.

As SQ says, they aren't the easiest to clean. They also bounce and make quite a racket. One of my rats LOVES her WW though

I decided against it. I thought it was a pain to clean the silent spinners, the wodent wheel would be wayyy worse. My silent spinner broke, so I'm in the market for a new wheel...

i dont understand how people find it hard to clean the Silent Spinners???
I havent had mine for that long but i just normally rinse it under the shower and wipe it down. no taking apart or anything

I don't have a hard time cleaning the silent spinner but you do have to be careful cause it seems rather fragile. But ya, if you thought the silent spinner is a pain to clean, you'd die with the wodent wheels. lol Which is why I through mine out.

I've had my SS for a few years now and love the thing. Never a problem to clean (wipe with baby wipes for in between cleaning and a blast in the shower with really hot water for the big clean) and quieter than my old damn mesh wehel! I really should get another one but funds for things like extra wheels are so low right now, LOL

lilratsy43 said:
I decided against it. I thought it was a pain to clean the silent spinners, the wodent wheel would be wayyy worse. My silent spinner broke, so I'm in the market for a new wheel...
Comfort wheel!!
Such a simple design.

I have used the mesh wheels easy to clean but noisy. Wodent wheels great but a pain to clean, silent spinners not really silent and fragil (mine broke within a month). I would love the stealth wheel but they are just to expensive. I have the comfort wheels also hooked to the cage. Ok to clean, but can be noisy also.

I have a mesh wheel for my gerbil ..and I can hear that 2 rooms away, I can't imagin a rat using one, haha ..and yes SS are not so silient, my hamster uses one, & its noisy. I have never tried my rat's with a wheel before, maybe I'll buy one? Which is the best for out time? and what size for a rats between 250 - 700 grams?

Ratty Momma said:
I have a mesh wheel for my gerbil ..and I can hear that 2 rooms away, I can't imagin a rat using one, haha ..and yes SS are not so silient, my hamster uses one, & its noisy. I have never tried my rat's with a wheel before, maybe I'll buy one? Which is the best for out time? and what size for a rats between 250 - 700 grams?

I would get the largest one you can.

My rats don't realy use there but that may have been because it was broken. Like it wouldn't spin, but I kept it in there for a while because I figured they would like to sleep in it. I just decided to toss it and they are soo pricey I am not yet ready to get another one...

eagle said:
Ratty Momma said:

I would get the largest one you can.

Thanks!
Which one is best for out time?

Back