Woah! I just got bit.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRatQueen

Watson got me pretty good. They are still in the process of being held and I went to pick him up and scared the crap out of him and he bit my finger :( I've never been bit before and he ran and coward. I hope this gets a bit easier. They are still super skiddish but they're getting better by the day.

Should I be concerned (I already have plans to get him neutered) since he it even though I know it was from fear?

I wouldn't be concerned with him biting you in that circumstances, especially since he didn't continue to attack your finger.

I was introing a new girl with the rest of my crew when she got in a rat ball with one of them. I went in to separate them with my bare hands, and she lunged for a finger and bit it real bad. Poor thing was so scared being with a new human and new rats - she ran off and hid the moment I let go. She's never bit me since and has become a real sweetheart.

Edit: Holy snap! You're in the East Bay too? :wave:

Loki bit me the first day here... I like a fool was adjusting a piece of paper in his cage, through the bar, he attacked lol. I have a few boys I wont wake up, they wake up biting. Unless he is doing it awake, while you are near him or lunging I wouldnt worry. I need to get a video of my nutty girl lunging to attack me LOL rather comical as long as i am faster than her.

If he is being neutered then you only have to watch for a bit lol I never took bites seriously during the skittish time, even during intros unless they are out right attacks or lunges.

Ok cool.mimwas worried bc I have never been bit like this before. I've gotten bitten from sticking my fingers through one of the cages, Brutus is a biter but never drew blood.

Thanks!

Back