Wish me luck!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jess I figured you'd appreciate this... I told Mike (hubby) that if we get her I'll tell people she's a teacup rottweiler. LOL

Tons of applications, actually! But they're letting me have a first go at everything ;) I meet Choko/Choco and her foster mom with Mike and Tungsten on Saturday! If all goes well then, they'll do a home visit.... things seem to be on a high note right now though :D

A couple more pictures here: http://www.ccrt.net/DogsReady.shtm#Choco

Oh Saturday is going to be a busy day... home visit in the morning, easter lunch with my family, and then going to meet Choco.... but things sure are moving fast!!! :thumbup:

Oh my mooners, you have my BEST wishes, my love, and my, well whatever you want/need, I couldn't think of a better home for that sweet girl, and as i've said beofre, I will help in ANY way I can my love!!!!
:heart:

Well, Foster Mom said she would recommend us to adopt at the end of the visit. Mike and I were so excited that we might be able to pick her up today that we ran out and bought all this tiny dog stuff for her since stores wouldn't be open. Then, we find out late last night that someone within the rescue who was taking the dog she was being fostered with (Skittles) had decided that they wanted her as well. Because Skittles and Choco got along so well, they were happy to have them adopted together and Mike and I were out of luck.

Mike was DEVASTATED and swore off getting dogs from rescue groups ("From now we just go to the pound!!!").... for about 3 hours, LOL. We went back on Petfinder and are looking at some different ones now.

CCRT said they did NOT want to lose us as a possible home with my background with dogs, so we're pretty much guaranteed to end up with a new pooch soon. The only criteria is that Tungsten has to like them!

Back