Willow doing well 8/8 AM update

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to come home to check on her, I couldn't leave it especially with the way she was scratching near her eye this AM. She got herself into the hammock and is resting and looks less poofy :joy: She seems more relaxed and she seems more comfortable. The hammock is very convienently located right beside the ramp. Wayne did remind me that she's stubborn enough if she wanted in the hammock she would get there, but at least she's there, comfortable, resting. That's all that matters.

OMG the difference between last night and even this morning to tonight is HUGE. She can actually move her paws to walk, she ate a little treat AND she climbed up the tube in the enclosure, although tiring herself thoroughly. Her eyes aren't as dull there is a little spark in them. If anything Willow is the most stubborn rat ever and she's determined to do it and I think that will be what keeps her going. :happydance: I'm so pleased with the improvement.

I took a video tonight of her improvement so you can see how it's going. Eating is still a little difficult, but her eyes are much brighter.

It's looking more and more like PT... but the meds are definitely helping her and giving her more quality of life. For my Flea, it gave her 2 extra months of really good time with me.
I find it so sweet how gentle Wayne is...

jorats said:
It's looking more and more like PT... but the meds are definitely helping her and giving her more quality of life. For my Flea, it gave her 2 extra months of really good time with me.
I find it so sweet how gentle Wayne is...

Wayne is an awesome rat daddy!
VERY caring of his wee girls!

This girl keeps getting better and better. She's active, more coordinated. Much happier. I called the vet because I need more pred, they said that they may not be able to give me more for Willow's sake due to legal reasons, so I said that I could bring in the videos today and take Willow in Tommorrow AM before work so the vet can see her. I can last until tomorrow night so I will be fine.

EDIT: to save issues I made an appt this aft. so I can take her in. I will be taking my laptop and showing the video from Wednesday night so she can see what pushed my decision.

Took her to the vet yesterday. Because I took a video of the nice she was really bad and then tried her on steroids and she improved greatly I took my camera in with me so the vet could see what she was like. I found out that my vet is the only one in town that has a pager and as it turns out if I had called her she would have told me to do exactly what I did. We discussed how she had been losing a little coordination before the fall happened. Shelia agreed that there was definate spinal and neuro swelling. We are going to try to reduce the amount of pred slowly. See how she does. Shelia also said that there is a good possibility that she has a pre-existing neuro condition in which if that is true we will monitor that. So for now she's improving greatly. She ate a treat with no pushback. I will be reducing her dosage to once a day but if she declines I will tell the vet and put her back on two a day. Keep rooting for her, it's working.

Definately feeling better, however I wish she'd stop jumping off the table. She always used to do that but she's got to be careful. :wallbang:

Back