wild mice...Help?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa's ZOO

So I have mice in the house. Not just a few, I saw at least 7. So I am going to go get some live traps.

But should I catch them all and then let them go together or should I let them go as I catch them? I feel bad seperating them so I was just going to put them in the 15 gal tank in the garage with shavings, food, water and shelter. But should catch as many as I can for a week or so and then release them. ALSO it is cold here so I feel bad taking them to a field when it is cold. So I don't know what to do. Any advice would be appreciated.

OH and I have squirrels in my attic, any advice on that?

I know there are these fun devices that you can put in the holes where the squirrels get in and out, they let the squirrels out but not back in.

Since you're dealing with a large number of animals, maybe you should look into a humane pest-removal service? They'd definitely have the thingamajigs for the squirrels at the very least.

I would call a service but we really do not have the money right now. But if it comes down to it I will call The Skunk Whisperer and see what he would charge to help.

I feel bad because I know they are cold and trying to find shelter but they are destructive creatures. :thumbup:

If you take them very far away, they will be in some other mices territory and be killed ... plus no food or shelter.
If you let them go nearby, within their territory, they will come back in unless you fix their points of entry.

we live out in the country, we get the mice in between the cieing and floor of our bungalow.
The first winter it was BAD! What I started doing was emptying my litter boxes around the outside of the house.... apparently my vet told me the smell of the rats will deter the mice from moving back in, or they will move out to find another place, rat free.....
Another thing they said to try was dog hair/cat hair stuffed in and around the place they come in and out of.....

Back