Why's Griffin being this way with the little boys?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsayfawn

So the little boys were having their out time and I put Griffin out with them 'cause I think they probably miss him a little. He started being very dominant with them. Doing the whole chasing them and side swipe and being a bully.
Why would he be acting like this where he already knows them? Is it because he's with the girls now and that's making him a little crazy?

When a rat is not living with the other rats, he needs to establish dominance each and every time he meets up with them again. So since they don't live together in a happy colony, they get stressed out by being put together, almost like trying to add Griffin to the new little boys colony. I wouldn't do it unless they play together every single day.

wow I didn't know that. Well that's crazy lol So it'll be like all new intros when they get neutered and into the big cage...fun

Yep... fun. lol
I remember once, I had to separate a rat for a few days due to surgery, this was at a time when I didn`t know it was best to not separate for long... and I actually had to do intros again. :gaah:

haha! I got Griffin AND Emily to love the little boys again in 2 minutes! cleaned out the little boys cage put a fleece blanket down with nothing in it but a litter pan and put them all in there and they were like. Oh hi again lol
So now the four of them are in a single Fn. I'll post about that in the habitat part.

Back