Why rats and foam don't mix.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley

We bought a little cheap cat bed for the rats, not realizing what would occur. Cleaning day was not fun :p Foam bits EVERYWHERE. In their food bowl, on every floor, in the hammocks, the litter boxes, spilled onto the floor... I woke up to a disaster the next morning. These photos are from before I cleaned the cage up, so it truly is a huge mess. I've learned my lesson about anything foam.

Sorry the photos are large, I never realize how big they are because of my screen resolution. It's not until I switch onto another computer I realize I should have shrank them down a bit more. :oops:

The aftermath of the foam cuddle cup bed.
cleaningdayrats10.jpg

The 9 monsters that created the mess. From Left to Right: Ella, Lily, Zoe, Luna, Mora, George, Addie, Cocoa and Tessa in the far back.
cleaningdayrats1.jpg

Ella is trying to remain innocent. :roll:
cleaningdayrats4.jpg

Cocoa waken up from her nap in the torn apart cat bed.
cleaningdayrats5.jpg

Lily swears she had nothing to do with it. She's my oldest girl, she's more mature than that, right?
cleaningdayrats8.jpg

Luna in the PVC Tube, surrounded by foam :lol:
cleaningdayrats3.jpg

Hand Wrestling with Cocoa, such a silly girl.
cleaningdayrats6.jpg

Mora trying to destroy my evidence :p
cleaningdayrats7.jpg

Addie says, "It wasn't me mom!"
cleaningdayrats9.jpg

That's too funny! :lol: Of course, they are all perfectly innocent. Some dog must have broken into your place and done the damage.

I had a similar problem with the Octoplay. Most of the ratties didn't chew it much, but my Edith went into dental overdrive one day and chewed the inside of the centre to smithereens! Foam bits everywhere....

Back