Why I love my husband

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefriggintribe

My hubby has such a soft spot for rats, especially babies.

Helping SQ with cleaning the rats over the last few days and falling in love with all the foster babies she has that are going to MRR this weekend.
This is the conversation I had with my husband.

ME: Oh Honey, they are so cute and friendly. :cloud9:
HUBBY: No, absolutely no more rats :redhot:
ME: Oh okay :(
ME: *Send pic of babies*
HUBBY: Aww... okay, you can pick out 5 of them but that's it.

:hugs:

He is so awesome!
:giggle:

:joy: :joy: My hubby to be is the same way :joy: :joy: He loves all our ratties.......like they were his own children :heart: We have great guys

Awww, hooray for your husband! I tell my husband all the time that he is the world's BEST Rat Dad. He is just a pushover with our two ratty boys. He adores them like nobody's business...baby talks to them and the whole enchilada. I am so lucky to have such a caring and sensitive hubby who just adores all animals, and he and I both consider our rats our children, absolutely. :)

That is really awesome! I can only imagine how fulfilling it must be to share such a love and joy together with your life partner.
My husband doesn't care much for rats but he respects my rescue attempts and will pay for all their needs.

Sucha cool hubby, I believe my fiance will be the exact same way too hehe :D

Lucky you! I think that's wonderful! My husband does not get attached to rats as I do, and he doesn't want us to have any more, but then when I say it's just for a few weeks (quarantine), he pays for half of everything and plays with them while I clean the cage, etc. So he's kinda supportive, but has never been one to bond with them.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Lucky you, AND lucky baby ratties!!!!

My boyfriend LOVES our rats, he calls them his babies and they get SO excited when he comes home from work. I will usually have them on the bed snuggling with me (they are usually all down my shirt together haha), but when they hear the sound of his keys as he walks up the stairs, they all run out to greet him! They look like little puppies with how happy they get to see him.
He wont let me get anymore, though. He says we are at our limit! But he is right, we're not financially stable enough to have more than four, plus our cat. Gotta make sure we have enough money to support the ones we have without adding too much stress.

SQUEE! You lucky ducky! Pics are really the key to winning over reluctant significant others. I've used that method successfully once before, but apparently it was the huge grin on my face instead of the rattie's cuteness that sold it (I got the gray hooded in the middle).

ChrisK said:
Lucky you! I think that's wonderful! My husband does not get attached to rats as I do, and he doesn't want us to have any more, but then when I say it's just for a few weeks (quarantine), he pays for half of everything and plays with them while I clean the cage, etc. So he's kinda supportive, but has never been one to bond with them.
Hehe, I'm kinda in the same boat too! My hubby is the "voice of reason" when I try to add to my furry crew. He thinks my kiddos can be funny (sometimes), and I'll catch him feeding them treats, but he's definitely nowhere near as rodent obsessed as I am.

My husband didn't originally want the rats he said it was OK to bring them home but he was kind of grossed out by the thought. Then about 3 weeks after we brought the first two home we were playing with them and he turned to me and said he owed me an apology, after I picked my jaw up off the floor I asked him for what and he said "they are kinda the best pets ever aren't they". Now we are up to five and he is definitely smitten.

Thefriggintribe and her husband and both wonderful in my books!
You have no idea how wonderful it has been to have and to know I have someone to come over and clean the rat cages until I am well enough to do it myself.
and everything I have heard about thefriggintribe's husband says that he is a definate keeper!
I think they are both very fortunate to have each other. :(

So great to hear the women on here talking about their awesome hubbies/boyfriends and how sweet and supportive they are with the ratties! I love it!

GrayLight, that was so cute about how your rats hear your boyfriend's keys jingling and his footsteps and they come running out to greet him like puppies...so adorable! That is LOVE right there! They are obviously very attached to your boyfriend! That was so precious! :heart:

lol so awesome!

Ang was pretty good when I kept bringing rats home lol and she's been awesome with all the rescue stuff. Couldn't do it with out her that's for sure

You guys have it good. My hubby has no interest in the rats, and has nothing to do with them. If I go away he will grudgingly make sure there is food and water in the cage, but that's about it, and that's only every other year or so. If I have a rat on meds, they go to my friend's place for care for the duration I am away.
However, with this lack of participation comes lack of control. My line: "It does not matter how many rats we have as it does not affect your life in the least." :cheeky:
At least he likes the dogs and cats........

wow you have a fantastic husband. I wont date people who don't love my rats, & have found my little ones have won over a great many people. they've even won over my parents who went from i'll never have a rat to taking in elder rescues as I do, my late gram who near the end rathered the rats company to certain family. I love that you just had to show the picture to get the go ahead. that's a good man there, your a lucky lady :)

Back