Which Wheel? Tell us your favorite and why. =)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wrote a reply earlier but i musnt have posted it :doh:

Thanks for the picture Godmother. It is wider than i though, and what the picture on the box and websites selling it show. I will definately have to buy one when i get money. Ill use the Wodent Wheel on out times instead

I only have one wheel and that's in Gizmo's and Chester's cage, it's a mesh living world wheel on a stand. It used to squeak a lot whenever Gizmo was running in it, but a little piece of wire sheathing fixed that.

wa03274.jpg
<- Almost like these ones, but a little bigger and heavier duty frame.

Also, I found they like to around in those small buckets that you get mayonaise in. :lol:

Gizmo more or less uses the one I pointed out, I tried it with the other 2 first (Snickers and Titan), but they wouldn't touch it. Chester will doze in the wheel or knock it over when he can because Gizmo's keeping him up.

Ok, last question, Godmother - Mainely sells the Stealth with or without stand - is the one on the stand still capable of attaching to the wall of the CN, so that we have the option? I'm willing to spend the extra two bucks to have the stand if we need it, as long as that wheel can come off the stand and attach to the cage. =)

I don't know whether you can buy the bits to change a free-standing one to attach to the cage. In principle, I don't know why not. I just had a look at my free-standing one. It looks as if having the cage attachment stuff would allow it to work both ways.

Mainely would be able to tell you, or they'd be able to ask their supplier.

Does anybody know where I can buy the Stealth Wheel in Canada (Toronto East area)? Or is Mainely the only supplier?

We have many wheels here too we have the silent spinners,Comfort wheel(superpet) and the mesh ones all the rats cages where they have wheels use them(mainly the females :giggle:

I find they are all ok to clean but like others said the silent spinner just watch not to bust it :giggle: the sturdiest one i find is the silent spinner in the cage at least wheres the comfort wheels the rat broke within time running on them its the thin type plastic.

The mesh ones are simple to clean pop in water with dish soap and bam clean ;) never had any tails stuck or anything of that sort they do make them different then before where the bars to hold up the wheel is up more on the side and not down on the side.

For the noise on the mesh wheels i put vasoline on the ends of the spokes that hold the wheel up :) safe for the rats.

Also i did have a wodent wheel before but no one liked it because its pretty much closed in.

picture's of the wheels i use

Mesh wheel note i use use those with smaller girls) 11":
089172.jpg

I also have a 9" for growing girls(babies)

Silent spinner i think 12":
276102.jpg

Comfort wheel 12":
275302.jpg

Wodent wheel:
ww_wodent_wheel_senior_new.jpg

So my favorite one would most likely be the Silent Spinner just for the sternness of it.

I know I've heard from numerous people that rats generally don't like it. They either can't get the hang of it, use it as a bed, or a food storage area, or a litter box, or... well you get the idea.

For the money, I'm not sure if I'd even bother trying it...

xxchelle said:
I know I've heard from numerous people that rats generally don't like it. They either can't get the hang of it, use it as a bed, or a food storage area, or a litter box, or... well you get the idea.

For the money, I'm not sure if I'd even bother trying it...

Oh well, so much for really super modern looking cages, lol

Back