which one?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster1128

ok i don't think the pet-co rat manor is the best choice if i am going to spend money i am going to buy a martins cage everyone seems to like them the best so i am looking at the rat carriage house it is 18x11x16 two ramps i have to females about 4 months old and the other one i am looking at is the rat cubbyhole it is 24x14x16 only one ramp and one balcony what are some of your thoughts?

I know the martins cages can run a bit small, but I'm not positive.

What is your budget?
A double or single critter/ferret nation is SERIOUSLY worth the money.

id like to stay 80 and under i only have two females we live in a small apartment so i dont want anything to big and the bar spacing worries me because these two are escape artists

Well, the critter nation spacing is DEFINITELY small enough to keep in all rats. Try checking craigslist, and if you find something worth the price but with large spacing- you can cover it with non-sharp chicken wire, that is what I did with my ferret nation. :)

If you can't, then there are lots of other good cages. The Martin's are good ones- just make sure to get the biggest one you can possibly afford. Also, you will have to cover any open-wire floors with something solid to prevent foot injuries.

i have been googling for days cn vs martins and its 50/50 its hard to find a not all wire cage that they cant escape or chew out of thats affordable lol i work at a thrift store so i can get towels and stuff cheep i just have to wash it first so i can cover the floors and ramps the cn cages are so nice put the price isnt so nice lol

Back