Where to get Harlan Teklad in southern NH or online

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimmom

I have a senior rat with HED. She has trouble holding food so I was thinking if I could get her blocks maybe she could rest those on the floor of the cage to eat them. I'm giving her liquids to try to get some more calories in her but I have to make sure to make them very liquid rather than just soft because she seems to choke on anything thicker and it scares me to death. She still tries to eat the regal rat stuff but I'm afraid she uses more calories than she consumes when she does that because she has to struggle to stay upright. I'm in southern nh. I can order online but have found that the shipping can be almost twice the cost of the food.

Miriam

I can't get her to eat soaked ones and I'm afraid soft rather than watery will choke her. She's hungry and eats really fast. I'm trying to feed her small amounts a couple of times, maybe more each day with liquids. Ensure, soymilk, with just a little babyfood cereal, fruits and veggies mixed in. Then whatever else I can get her to eat like puffed rice and her oxbow. She's bright eyed this morning and was the first out of the hammock when I went up to the cage. Tizzy and Zaphora are being lazybones. Niko uses mostly arm strength to climb the side of the cage then twists around to get in the hammock despite all the objects I've put under the hammock for her to use for getting in that particular hammock. She's a monkey even with some HED. Fortunately her HED isn't severe.

maybe someone in the area has some they'd be willing to sell you? I don't have any myself right now or I'd share

you can get the 2018 online at um Pet Food Direct I think? They call it Native Earth I believe but it's the same thing

did you try posting on FB?

I buy my Teklad food from The Crafty Rat online: http://www.thecraftyrat.com/

Here's how to find it. Click on the Shopping button to the left. Then click on Foods on the left side. Scroll all the way down and hit the Next button to go to the second page. Then scroll down again and you will find the Teklad blocks. Good luck with your rattie!

I order my Harlan from The Rat Shop: http://www.theratshop.com/index.php?cPath=1

That link will take you to the food options, and you can take your pick :thumbup: The thing I like about this place is they can send you food in a flat-rate mailing box, so you pay one price and don't have to worry about shipping or handling. They've got some great toys and treats too!

Also, have you tried some baby food with your girl? The Ensure is a wonderful product to help keep her healthy. Also, scrambled eggs or boiled pasta, which are soft and have some good nutrients, I think they'd be solid enough where you would't have to worry about her choking.

Back