Where to buy Yogies in bulk?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sami

My plump little ratties just can't get enough of those darn yogies! They each get about 1 a day, but they sure do add up. Since a bag of Yogies costs around $6.00 at the pet stores, replacing them every week is emptying my pockets! I order my rat food online from The Crafty Rat and they used to have different flavored yogies like peanut butter, strawberry, and banana but they don't stock them anymore and I can't seem to find these anywhere. They come in little 3.5oz containers...I think they are made by 8in1. Also, they last a lot longer since the yogies themselves are smaller. Does anyone know where I can get these kind of yogies?

Thanks!

Banana's are much cheaper as well. Or regular or multigrain cheerios, they come in BIG BULK.

1 yogie is like 2 chocolate bars a day if you think about it. Size of rat, etc. Its pure sugar and fat. Mine adore multi-grain cheerios as well :thumbup:

I have found that most treats for 'small animals' are actually worse then human food and even dog biscuits. I have found some healthy dog bones that are great for treats (they get them occasionaly however). Cheerios are always around, veggies and fruits are always good.

Miner think vegs are the most wonderful treat in the world (not realising it is part of their daily diet).
As others mentioned, healthy treats are the way to go. Just watch sugar and salt content when picking out treats. Mine like cheerios, spoon sized bran shredded wheat, cooked oatmeal, various fruit (esp. banana), a small bit of boiled egg, etc.

What do you guys think of the yogurt covered Cheerios? I think they might have a bit of milk protein in them, but I thought the rats might like the strawberry flavor better then the multi grain...

Wow! Ok...I will definitely give them cheerios or some fruit instead..didn't realize how bad they were for them. Are regular cheerios okay or do they have to do multi-grain?

air popped popcorn (no salt or butter of coarse), and cheerios are the treats used here.
sometimes unsalted pumpkin seeds. I plan on roasting a bunch up soon :)

abazoo, I would think only very little wit the yogurt cheerios.
Multigrain is way better but the normal kind will do as well but in moderation.

For air popped popcorn with no air popper you can get the kernels and put them in a paper bag and put it in the microwave, that's what we do.

Back