Where Can I Order the New Oxbow - FOUND (FTC & MC)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I really want to try the new Oxbow ..I have a feeling it will take months before it finally comes here.

I usually order from FTC ..I just sent them an email to see if they have it, just waiting on a response!

I just want a small bag to try! but I also need to pay by EMT.

I've been looking everywhere, too! So far, both the Torbay Rd. vet clinic and Petsmart carry the other Oxbox brands (Rabbit, Chinchilla, Guinea Pig, etc.) but not the rat kind. I'm going to keep asking about it, so if either of them decides to start carrying it, I'll let you know. And let me know if you happen to find somewhere! <3

P.S. - I looked it up because you referred to it as "new;" does anyone know what the new flavour is? I know it used to have an apple flavour that a lot of rats didn't like, but I can't find anything on the page that says what the new flavour is, just that it does have a new flavour.

Pet City in the Villiage mall carried the regual Oxbow, but most rats only like that stuff for a week.

The new kind is made with bananna instead of Apple.

jorats said:
If you have a vet clinic that sells the other oxbow product, chances are they can order the rat one.

Yeah, but if they're ordering it just for me (or even just for me and Renee,) they'd probably charge us out the hole for it since they won't save money on buying it in bulk.

Yeah I agree ..not many rat people here ..so for them to order food in for just two people would not make much since.

The vet might mark a big profit margin but they can still bring in one or two bags. I'm the only one who orders rat food at my vet and they told me because they already have an account with Oxbow they can order whatever they want.

jorats said:
The vet might mark a big profit margin but they can still bring in one or two bags. I'm the only one who orders rat food at my vet and they told me because they already have an account with Oxbow they can order whatever they want.

Oh, well I must give it a try :)

Ratty Momma said:
jorats said:

Oh, well I must give it a try :)

If you find out anything, let me know!

Down in the States, Pet Food Express is selling it - $15 for a 3lb bag. Unfortunately, I don't think they have an online store.

Er, if you guys aren't having any luck getting it up north and you really want to give it a try, I can probably mail a couple bags up.

Montreal Critters carries Oxbow. Shoot them an email and ask if she has the new formula. She moves a lot of Oxbow product so there's a good chance she does.

victoria said:
Montreal Critters carries Oxbow. Shoot them an email and ask if she has the new formula. She moves a lot of Oxbow product so there's a good chance she does.

I never thought about that! thanks.

Both FTC and Montreal Critters have gotten back to me.

Both will have the new food next week :D

Has anyone checked with Global Pet Foods? They're the only place that has it around here and I prefer not to order it online.

I've been looking everywhere, too! So far, both the Torbay Rd. vet clinic and Petsmart carry the other Oxbox brands (Rabbit, Chinchilla, Guinea Pig, etc.) but not the rat kind. I'm going to keep asking about it, so if either of them decides to start carrying it, I'll let you know. And let me know if you happen to find somewhere! <3

I know from attempt myself -- Petsmart will not carry Regal Rat, just as it wont carry Healthy Handfuls. Even for an employee, they still wont :(. Petsmart just.. wont special order stuff, it's just a matter of if head office in Arizona deciding we should... Which is really unlikely right now, since we've carried it for over a year and still haven't seen any sign of it. Our shipments of Bunny\cavie\chinchilla are already shifty and sparce at best. :(

I did notice a long time ago that all the other foods packaging was changing... but i kept buying it from global and the packaging THERE never changed.. i was wondering what was going on, glad to know for everyone else it changed and hopefully everyone's rats like it better now.

And hopefully mine don't decide to hate it now LOL

^Eugh, Global Pet foods refuses to stock Oxbow Regal Rat, they will only stock the Sunseed brands of rat foods.

Annoying, and disappointing since I've been buying dog food from them for years, and they are very dedicated to stocking high quality foods for cats and dogs, so it kind of hurts my feelings that they knowingly choose to stock sucky rat food.

I'm sure it's some sort of contract agreement, but really...they should realize that some customers might not even do the research, and assume they are stocking the best food for rats (the woman I bought my last rat cage from told me she got the best food, the expensive stuff from Global Pets...), but they are unknowingly hurting the little guys. :(

While a pet owner should research how to best care for their pets, a lot of people assume pet stores know what they are talking about. And a lot of pet stores give crap information on rats.

ETA: I just reread your post and it sounds like Global Pets near you DOES stock Oxbow Regal Rat? They do stock the rabbit ones, but I would be (pleasantly) surprised to find out they are stocking Regal Rat too, having read a few different places they won't change from Sunseed. If so, can you tell me which Global Pets has been stocking it?

I had an impossible time trying to find that first bag of Oxbow that my rats hated...

I think Global Pet Foods stores are franchises and some carry Oxbow Regal Rat while others don't. Just like some will special order a CN while others say they can't >.< Montreal Critters is local for me and they do a ton for rescues both locally and across the country so I'll stick with them or my vet for Oxbow. I know in both cases they don't sell stale product and their storage/warehouse areas are maintained and clean.

Back