WHERE CAN I FIND A BIG RAT CAGE??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jiley506

Hey so i have my lil guy in a really big aquarium, but id really like to get him a cage the ones with 2 stories, in alot of pictures that people have posted i see you all have big comfy rat cages, ive looked at so many places :shock: where do i get one.. i live in Burnaby BC, all i can really find is guinea pig cages

I highly recommend the Midwest Critter Nation, it's a huge cage and big enough to house a nice size colony. They can be purchased online at several places like petsmart.com.
Martin's cages online also sells nice cages for rats, the best one I recommend is the R695 or the R680. www.martinscages.com

petstreetmall.com has Critter nation cages, the 161 is $135, and the 162 is $235. Please also remember, rats are social animals and should always be kept with two or more rats...you should get him a little guy buddy.

Prices vary from area to area and country to country.
I second what jorats said.
The critter nation is a good cage ... but check it carefully for damage to the paint etc, as many are damaged. Available on the internet and in many pet stores and pet supply stores. The FN is also good for larger rats as the bar spacing is larger. These can be purchased in stores, on the internet and sometimes be purchased used from sites such as kijiji.

Martins powder coated (paint is baked on) R695 holds up to 4 rats and powder coated R680 holds 2 rats. Martins have wonderful cages and great customer service.

If you are unable to purchase either of these then a rabbit cage that is 39 to 40 inches long would be ok for two rats if you add shelves. Rabbit cages are often sold in stores or second hand on kijiji.

You will want a cage that has a base that is at least 30 inches by 18 inches and has some height for levels. Make sure the cage is powder coated. You are wasting your money if you buy a galvanized cage because they will absorb urine etc and stink .

Go to Tisol. I know they stock FN's, and they can custom order a ton of different cages. Their prices are also way better then you will find anywhere else. They don't sell animals and I have always found their staff helpful and nice :)

They can order in the CN now?!?! WOOOOT! When I went looking for my CN months ago they kept trying and trying and trying to get the CN and couldn't. I put them in touch with midwest but then I got my cage so never checked back. Do you know what their price on the CN is? I know the FN 141 is $300?

That is odd, the Tisol in langley is great, they have lots of cages in stock, including the FN and always mention to me how they can special order things. I also find it odd they would consider a rat cage a "specialty" cage o_O;

Back