When they said a storm they meant it! Video/ Pictures

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahA

Goodness me what a day we're having here... snow, hale and up to 90mph winds.
This was our little harbor this afternoon in North East Scotland!

[BBvideo 450,375:38xz142j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnYqjWwdnYc&feature=youtu.be[/BBvideo:38xz142j]

I've never seen waves that big over our harbor, there are even a few boats that have sunk you can just see the tip on the boat bobbing up and down with the waves.

PICT0463_zps1f62eb1c.jpg

PICT0464_zps5f228b41.jpg

PICT0465_zpsd242332f.jpg

PICT0466_zpse099fbb2.jpg

PICT0467_zpsf528b41e.jpg

PICT0468_zpsdde8590b.jpg

I wish I'd taken a picture of the road along side the beach it was covered in sea foam, whilst taking these picture's video I got a face full of sea foam it was so salty lol!

If anyone else is having bad weather please stay safe and only go out if necessary and please remember to bring any out door pets in side.

Very cool! I love when the ocean is so stormy like that. (Can you tell I do NOT have a boat in the water? LOL)
When we get storms like that, people go out to the ocean to watch, like you did. I would say we get at least one person per year who gets washed off the rocks into the water. They don't always survive...
I'm glad most of the boats seem to be over on the lee side of the wharf.

Luckily we live on a hill but we can see the sea from our house, you could see how severe it was today. So cold too! :panic:

Wow, thats scary, I live at the other end of the country lol, This storm was ok for us, the last one was bad, water pouring down our road, made it look like a river!

I'm lucky I live on a hill too thankfully, the poor sea town was hit hard as for damage I'm not sure I can imagine the boats that were sunk are knackered!
Its real horrible because we have a pet cemetery near the rocky coast I hope it's ok and the sea hasn't disrupted any graves, I'll have to go check I know the road leading to it is all ripped up. I'm gad I'm never buried any of my pet there.

We had to travel 60miles to the city for a hospital appointment today the roads were nice and clear until we drove into a snow storm, my partners car is a little tin can on wheels I can't believe we made it there and back!
Home safe and sound now with my little furbabies!

Its truly scarey how our climate it changing, our poor planet!

Back