When is it safe to move them back in?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinnyhippiechick

Hi all!

My neighbours have been infested with bedbugs and my unit is being sprayed on Thursday as a preventative measure. What a pain in the @$#%@!#& but I suppose better than actually having to deal with an infestation. My four boy fuzzbutts are being shipped to the grandparents tomorrow afternoon, along with my son. They'll be returning Friday afternoon. Has anyone ever had to deal with this and if so what was the experience like? I'll be bagging the remaining cage (the large cage will go to Mississauga with them) and all their toys, hammocks, etc. The sheet from the pest control company said that children under the age of 1 and anyone with respiratory problems should remain out of the unit for 24 hours. Will this really be enough time? I'm just a little stressed out right now. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

dl
:panic:

Wow what a pain. I would think that if its safe for anyone with respiratory issues to come back in after 24 hours then the rats should be ok. I would just open all the windows and air the place out for as long as you can before the rats come back.

Everyone can come back in after 24 hours for sure. I have dealt with this is a couple of the buildings that I manage and have been required to look into what is used. The exterminator knows what is best, they would not lie about letting people in. They are a ROYAL pain in the butt! Make sure that when you send your ratties and son to your grandparents that you check pockets and seams so that no buggies are taken with them - spreading the infestation would be terrible, even if it is only next door, its always good to be careful.

That sucks though, I feel your pain. Even roaches are better to have then bedbugs! Yuck!

crumbilina said:
Everyone can come back in after 24 hours for sure. I have dealt with this is a couple of the buildings that I manage and have been required to look into what is used. The exterminator knows what is best, they would not lie about letting people in. They are a ROYAL pain in the butt! Make sure that when you send your ratties and son to your grandparents that you check pockets and seams so that no buggies are taken with them - spreading the infestation would be terrible, even if it is only next door, its always good to be careful.

That sucks though, I feel your pain. Even roaches are better to have then bedbugs! Yuck!

Thanks Jenny - we're ok so far, it's the neighbour that is infested, they live upstairs from us. The landlord is doing all the adjoining units as a preventative measure. I was just worried about how long to wait before bringing my boys back in.

dl
:thumbup:

smilez_n_hugs said:
Wow what a pain. I would think that if its safe for anyone with respiratory issues to come back in after 24 hours then the rats should be ok. I would just open all the windows and air the place out for as long as you can before the rats come back.

I'll be staying the night at a friend's place and going straight to work from their place the next day. I can't leave the windows open when I'm not home due to the high crime rate in my neighbourhood (someone tried to break in our front window last year at Caribana while I was at work - thank goodness something scared them off as my teenage son was home in his room at the time!). Hopefully it will all work out. I appreciate your response!

dl
:)

Back