wheels for male rats?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pscychopomp

I have a 9 week old male rat that uses a wheel. This is the first time I've had a male show interest. Do you think he will still use one as an adult? The one he is using is going to be too small very soon, so I was wondering which one would be good to get him. My girls have an 11" super pet one but I don't know if it would be quite big enough? Do the rats like those big plastic ones?

My boys like the 12 inch diameter silent spinners.
After 1 year of age, my boys don't use the wheel much for running in but still use it.

My girls using the wheel all the time as a creazy.Boys not so much but still like it.If they start to use it from young age ,they will do it. i have big wheel 12-14in for boys and they love it.they started from little one,from hamster cage and after i got them big one..i think this is good exercise for them..

Put the wheel in for him. Most rats will take to a wheel better as a young rat and will use it through out their life. My boy Oliver is an avid wheel runner and my late Ozzy was a wheel running fool. He was so amazing. I have a few other boys that love the wheel so give him one and you will soon see if he does.

1 of my 5 boys uses the wheel, though not as much now at 9 1/2 months as he did when he was a baby, but occassionally the others will get in it.

Four of my males (ages 1 yr - 1.5yrs) love running in the wheel. The others run on it or just sit in it on occasion. I also have a saucer which one of my girls loves, but none of the boys have shown interest in.

Back