What's in your favorite rat treat mix?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenD

Hi all! We're having SOOOOOOOO much fun with our four boys and the intros between babies & juvies went stunningly well. I love to see the older boys playing and paling around and snuggling with the babies. The juvies still seem to battle with each other (they actually stand on their hind legs and freeze as they stare each other down, but I assume they're just playing as they sleep together and love each other when they aren't going at it)...They also are so gentle with the babies (phew)...so all is well.

Anyway, they get their rat blocks, but I'd like to make my own treats bag. Does anyone have a recipe? I have seen some good ones online, but paying $8 for shipping just seems too much. I've found these ingredients mentioned online:

oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, puffed wheat cereal, dry whole wheat pasta, grape nut flakes, kashi cereal, granola, dried fruits - are these all ok to mix in there? How do I dry peas or carrots to put in?

If anyone has a recipe to try, I'd love to hear it! Thanks!!!!

Those are good as a supplement, make sure the rats are eating their blocks though. Blocks should be 80% of their diet. :thumbup:

Back