Whats better? chopped veggies or a veggie smoothie?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruxxy

I've always wondered this. What is better to feed the rats, chopped veggies or a veggie smoothie? I like the veggie smoothie becasue I can add things to in it like beans or other things that my girls might not normally eat, but then mask the taste with a bit of banana or pear. I can also add flax seed oil to the smoothie without the girls having to taste the oily-ness of it, like they would if I put in on chopped veggies. What do usually do/prefer?

If you do make the smoothies, what mixtures are you fave to prepare?

I like a mixture of butternut squash, spinich or kale or brocoli, beans, and banana or pear plus some flax seed oil for the added nutrients.

Its actually a lot easier if you have a blender. You just throw all your ingredients in there and mix it up...then you turn it into icecubes in a icecube tray and you have the rats veggies/fruit for the next week :) All you have to do is take it out of the freeze and microwave it for 30 seconds. I actually think this works alot better too when it comes to the cleanup afterwards. With the smoothie, it kinda forces the rats to eat at the bowl so it cuts down on the mess alot.

Back