What

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

It is with a heavy heart that I write this...

A few days ago, our young English lop was brought to me in quite a pathetic state by my Alexis... He was limp and unresponsive. It wasn't long until he passed away in my arms.

I can't say how much I loved this sweet, cuddly, endearing little rabbit. I have never met a bunny who wanted as much human interaction as he did, or wanted to just be with you as much as him. I knew he loved us, as much as we loved him, because he showed it to us everyday. He was hilarious with his antics, and was always just doing the funniest things... This baby was so, so special, and our hearts are broken over his very untimely passing. I miss cuddling with him before bed so much. My heart aches for the weight of him in my arms.... Or to have him nestled up beside me on the couch, just hanging out. I loved him very, very much. He meant so much to me, and I miss him so much. I am in tears typing this... It just isn't fair that he was taken away from us so soon. He was such a young bunny. It's just not right.

Rest in peace my sweet darling... Don't forget to remember me or your other mama, who cries for you at the very mention of your name.

[center:3rnqbvwq]
IMG_0457.jpg
[/center:3rnqbvwq]

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

[center:3rnqbvwq]They say memories are golden
Well maybe that is true
I never wanted memories
I only wanted you

Oh geez :( I'm so sorry Cait, that's terrible. :hugs:

What could have happened, I wonder?
Hope the other buns are taking it OK.

Never being a huge bunny fan myself, What turned me. He was the most adorable bunny I had ever laid eyes on and even from a thousand miles away I could see that he was special. I know he will be waiting for you at the bridge, teaching all of your other lost babies how to pull the same shenanigans that he did.

I'm so sorry Cait and Alexis. May he rest in peace.

:hugs:

Oh, no... I'm so, so sorry. Sometimes our babies are needed at the Bridge early. Bless you for cuddling What in his last moments.

We did have a necropsy done, and it was revealed that he had a heart condition, myocarditus. Just his heart gave out that night. It was probably caused by a virus, and then when the virus went away, his body continued to inflame the heart muscle, weakening it. He would have been in pain. I am sorry we didn't know sooner... :(

Ugh, Cait that is probably just one of those things that could not be helped and there was probably nothing you could do even if you caught it in time, other than be there for What in the end. I am so sorry. It is so hard being an animal lover they just take so much when they leave. I wonder how my heart is still beating with all the furkids I have lost over the years. :hugs:

Back