What You Do for Christmas

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrylips.

Though I don't know how many times they've made trips with anyone who had them previously, this will be Zelda and Saria's first vacay with me :p! I really wish I could have figured a different way around this, especially since Saria is sick. It'll be a few minutes drive to the boat, and then after a fifteen-twenty minute boat ride, we'll be home for Christmas! My mom was the hardest to convince, and actually completely refused to have them over, but then Saria got sick and her meds have to be delivered!

I think Zelda knows what's going down, she's been reassembling the cage on her own, making sure all the food is next to saria and all the blankets and towels are covering her sister (its ridiculous to watch how methodical she is). There has been an extra amount of bruxxing and 'brup'ing coming from her today, as if she is excitedly anticipating whatever it is that has her momma freaking out!

So while I wanted to share this little story with you, I also wanted to know if there was anything special you do for your babies on Christmas! I have little itty bitty stockings for them, and I hope to have something cool to have inside for them. How do you spread the Christmas cheer to your babies? (I think the Christmas lights are treat enough for Zelda, she just sits there and stares at the yellow ones; the only way to get her to sit still!).

Wish us safe travel!

They share one big stocking, and I filled it with some treats, a few new toys, some hammies... But there big thing is getting Christmas dinner. :D They also have their own mini tree. :)

I like to give my rats a nice christmas :lol: I use to do a standard stocking or two outside of the cage with the intent of them pulling it in thro the bars, but this year my (new) girls have a CN so things are hand delivered!

It's a good thing mom finally said yes. :thumbup:

This year my rats are getting the big snak shak hut. I'm going to wrap it and have them open it, hopefully they won't be scared of it. lol

last year wasn't so special :(
I got a toilet roll tube, packed it with loads of treats, wrapped it with some wrapping paper, tied string around the ends and frayed the ends with a pair of scissors. Rat sized crackers.
I think this year will have to be the same.. LOL!

Most years I have been away on Christmas Day. When I was with them I made sure that they got porridge & peas! And lots of snuggles, of course, and Christmas-themed hammocks.

My kids are getting the same thing Mike and I got.... a house. And after moving ALL their stuff, I think they have enough, LOL.

They'll get a special Christmas Day breakfast, though. When Mike makes pancakes the rats all get their own little loonie sized pancake. So cute.

I made stockings for all my animals, and they got their presents on Yule (Dec 21st). I made a wreath out of a pipe cleaner and lots of cheerios and dried fruits and raisins, which they completely stripped in less than 10 mins. They also got lots of treats, and of course all the nice hammies and jingle balls, and the hanging toy Chelle gave me for S.S! I also brought home left overs from Christmas at my parents, so they got a feast!

My mom also had a stocking of toys for my animals, mousies for my cats, a crinkle ball for the bunnies, a huge jar of the most potent cat nip ever that my great aunt grows, and treats for both bunnies and rats. Also, I got an awesome laser pointer for my cats, who go mad for it. The one I use now is my evil roommates, and she is thankfully leaving very soon. This laser pointer is shaped like a blue mousie though!

Back