What would you do?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked out your post in Garage Sale section and I think you mean R699...the rudd.
5 males in a full Rudd is much more room than 5 males in one section of the CN.
There is a lot to take into account.
1. easier to clean--CN
2. take up less room in the home--CN
3. Ease of use--CN
4. More room for rats--Rudd
5. Less out time--Rudd
6. Can separate the cage in case the rats get moody--Rudd cause the CN is already separated in 2
7. More room means less chance of rats becoming bullies--Rudd
8. If rats will get lots of out time--CN
9. Rats are docile and very very bonded--CN
10. Rats are neutered and bonded--CN

Our main concerns are space inside and outside.. which is why I am puzzled. We would rather the CN for space outside as two Rudds are massive, but we would also like a little leg room on the inside.

I have 3 boys in a 695, and 3 boys in a 680 (at its max). I need to intro the new boys to the ones in the 680, so they need a bigger cage as my other 3 boys do not like to give up the roomy 695 (tried this when Cas was with us, major depression from Sam/Dean/Stewart).

Cost wise, the Rudd would be free as I have two of them, but I have been dying to get the double CN and can finally do so. Worst comes to worst, I do have 2 spare cages that are suitable for 2 rats.

Also, this may end up as 2 groups of 4 and 3, not 5 and 5 if we decide to let Stewart go and we cannot adopt from MRRG. But this would be a max of 5 in each, and they get about 45 mins out-time a night. I'm always in their cage playing during the day, and random rats can be found around the house with me while I do my daily doings lol

I think we are going to go with the CN, as there is intrest in one of the Martins cages and this person could really use it.

Back