what would be the better choice?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

I'm going out of town overnight this weekend, and I have three ratties on medication. The last twice that I visited SQ I just took the medicated ratties with me. They know SQ and they didn't seem stressed out by the trip and they seemed very content when they were at her place.

So it seems like an OK thing to do. But now SQ has four new ratties, and the weather is colder (trickier when travelling). Would it be better for them if I left them at home and taught my husband how and when to give the meds? I could make up the meds and label them in advance.

This assumes that he'd say yes. He has trouble telling them apart, and he is afraid of them doing the great escape if he opens the cage doors! :)

I think you need to put food colouring on your sick rats that need meds...kinda like a legend for your hubbie. :)

I would say not to chance it with the weather, etc...and I hope your husband will be okay with treating them :)

Thanks! It worked. I asked, and he said OK. :eek: So I will make up the meds in advance and give him a trial run Friday evening.

It will be such a relief not to have to worry about those three girls. As it is I will be travelling with the foster girls.

Adoptions for five fell through at the last minute, so SQ and I will divide them between us. They are sweet girls, but there are no prospective homes right now.

I had planned to keep two anyway, and SQ has always wanted a PEW. If you know anyone who'd be a good adopter for some lovely little girls, send them my way!

:nod:
................ :tumkiss:

Tho I did update my kijiji ads ...
Hopefully, these wonderful little girls will find good, loving homes.

Back