What to do when you run out of hardware cloth

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagle

I needed to modify a cage and did not have enough hardware cloth. I look around and guess what I have sitting on a shelf. Those worthless playpen panels are hamsters that all creatures can crawl over except the GP. You take the panels apart and zip tie them to the cage. It doesn't look all that great, but it works as a temp. solution.
3888089562_a78ac1c62e.jpg

3887294349_b169cbe86b.jpg

I found those worked great as ladders as my boys got older and needed wider, more stable ramps. I just wrapped them with fleece to keep dragging feet from getting caught. I too used them as a top for a homemade cage -- worked well because they have that hinge piece and they're lightweight.

trillium said:
I found those worked great as ladders as my boys got older and needed wider, more stable ramps. I just wrapped them with fleece to keep dragging feet from getting caught. I too used them as a top for a homemade cage -- worked well because they have that hinge piece and they're lightweight.

Great idea for wider ladders!

i love it! look pretty colourfull! i would totaly love to have that in my house! i love colour! i want bright pink walls and blue and purple!

Back