What to combine with Baytril?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratsr4life

Hi everyone.

I just want some opinions on what i should combine with Baytril for my rat?

She has been put on injectable Baytril for 4 weeks and this is her 4th day. her sneezing has stopped, there is no more porphorin, and her breathing isnt as laboured. But i have seen all too well that rats can easily relaps and the symptoms come twice has harsh. she is still puffed up, still a little on the sluggish side and her lungs dont feel springy anymore, her whiskers stopped moving (from the congestion) and i can still hear the congestion.

she is 1yr5 months old, this is her first time showing myco symptoms. I feel amoxil wont do much, i think her lungs are already scarring.

(She looks healthy enough to definatly pull through this, still eats and drinks and is bright eyed)

So what other medication would combine well with Baytril to kick myco in the butt?

The first one to add is Doxy... if you feel the doxy is not working then try Zithromax.

I was talking to my vet a couple of days ago and she told me that now it's best to treat for URIs for a a minimum of 3 months. *gulp*

Back