What is the rarest kind of rat?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

viasindios

I was just wondering what the rarest kind of rat is. I am not sure if this is where I should post it.
Does anyone know?

I was just wondering what the rarest kind of rat is.
I know standard and dwarves are the same but dwarves are rare, but what kinds are the rarest?
I am not sure if this is where I should post it.
Does anyone know?

I think it depends on your area. Some people may be saturated with blues, some people will never have seen one. That kind of thing.

I can't answer your question, but I moved this to the rat chat section. Rescue stories is more for success stories and little poems.

It would depend on where you are.
Different hair types and markings are rarer in different places.

I would say that the rarest type of rat is one that lives on average 3 to 4 years.

SQ said:
It would depend on where you are.
Different hair types and markings are rarer in different places.

I would say that the rarest type of rat is one that lives on average 3 to 4 years.

My feeder rat Andy was four in a few months but I had to get him put down a week ago.=(

Rodentist said:
The one that consistently uses their litter box.

:laugh4:
So true!

It all depends on your area like what was mentioned before. Every place is different. Around here it is hard to find blues but you can get black and pews and dumbos etc. easily.

That box in the corner is for poop?!!
I thought it was a storage cupboard for food.
A rare rat would be one that lived a long healthy life with absolutely no medical issues.
Has anyone had a rare ratty like that?

Sharlees rattakisses said:
Tailless? Is that your rat or a breed of rat?

I was answering the question "What is the rarest kind of rat?" Tailless are pretty rare!

I don't have, nor ever had, tailless.

Feeling like a :doh: Looked it up on the computer. Lovely!! Thanx for the info.

lol it's ok. I'm sorry if I wasn't more clear in what I meant! It's been a tough.... month... and I'm exhausted this evening so not all 'with it" if you know what i mean! hehe

Know exactly how you feel. Tough month or so here too.Three teenage girls and feeling like a maid or a bank...Two VERY sick rattakiss girls that aren't getting better depite LOTS of Baytil :( What's the time where you are? Here it is 2:02am and I should be in bed but I'm an insomniac

Know exactly how you feel. Tough month or so here too.Three teenage girls and feeling like a maid or a bank...Two VERY sick rattakiss girls that aren't getting better depite LOTS of Baytil :( What's the time where you are? Here it is 2:02am and I should be in bed but I'm an insomniac

I'm on the Pacific Coast of the US... it's now goign on midnight. I really should be getting in bed too! I was up way too late last night and have to get up to meet some coworkers for field work in the morning... I'm tired... I just don't want to sleep, if that makes any sense.

Tailless are rare. I have had one though. I actually know someone in PA who breeds rats like crazy, he always has tailless and he charges an arm and a leg for them. He also has the squirrel or badger markings, lots of varieties I had never seen before him. But I am 100% positive he has no pedigree rats and he doesn't keep track of them, he's just in it for the money...

Anywho on a lighter note, I have to agree with a long lived rat with no health problems...that would be ideal no matter what they look like!

Back