What happened to the rat shack!!?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it was rocky at first and at times really frustrating, even for me but we can definitely make this place our wonderful home again. :)
We all need our seasoned members... new ones will be joining and they will need our help and guidance, all of us. Yay for the Rat Shack!!

My article went up as well :) http://www.ratshackforum.com/Basic-Rat-Care.html
It wasnt hard at all to get accepted. Im sure if we as members write an article once in a while it would really help out.

Nice work Amanda!
I intend to write some articles as well, and have emailed my first one to crumbilina for review.
I look at the need for articles as opportunity and encouragement to learn.

This explains a LOT. coming back after two years to a completely new forum was weird enough but learning that it has been sold makes a lot more sense. As someone who was here when it was highly popular it's sad to see the forum as it is right now, and I hope a way to bring it back is found..

I am hanging around. I am trying to participate and reply to people's threads. Even if someone may be confused by the articles that haven't been revised yet, by participating and clarifying things in individual threads we are getting the correct information out there.

If it makes anyone feel better I didn't even look at the articles. I found this forum doing google searches and it brought me straight to the forum. I didn't even know about the article until I signed up as a member for the forum (and I still haven't looked at the articles).

im trying to get the hang of all this new stuff but somehow even logging in has become difficult somehow...pity I like this place&hope it gets easier

im trying to get the hang of all this new stuff but somehow even logging in has become difficult somehow...pity I like this place&hope it gets easier

Can you tell us why it is difficult to log in? Maybe it is something we can help you out with.
If you have any questions about anything let us know and we can help you out or find a solution for you.

I'm finding I still miss a lot of posts and find them days later! Searching for something is near impossible to find. Today when I went to log on there was something about buying rats, buying cages, buying some blah blah, but I skipped by it too quickly to catch what it said. It wasn't an article, but an advertisement. :thumbdwn: However, I'm still here and doing my best...

I always go to 'my replies' first. These are all the threads you have posted a reply to, and theoretically interested in following. Then I check 'new posts' to see if any new threads have been started, or any new posts have been made to a thread I've been following but haven't replied to. And that pretty well covers what I'm interested in on a daily basis. :)

I'd love to help if you can give me more info.

How do you access the site?

jorats says: I do agree though that those articles are a detriment to this forum and what it stands for and for that, I'm deeply saddened but the admin believes this is how you generate more interest and members which is the bottom line. But make no mistake...it's the bottom line that will keep this forum running...

I've been at a lot of ratsites in a lot of years. And the bottom line is a close caring group that puts your baby's wellbeing at the moment - and yours too - ahead of everything. jorats has always created that environment on this & other sites too. But what this place has become since the change is the difference beween a hug & and online chat. The articles this place wants to pay people to write are available anywhere on the 'net. The comaraderie, support & overseeing of the verity of the suggestions are not. I used to think the snideness of the 'knowers' toward the newbies was the worst thing about most sites, and therefore Jo was a port in a storm. But now I see commercial interests can make a heaven a hell so much quicker than attitudes can. This site used to be an ER/suppurt group/pj party/ & trustworthy knowledge site all in one. Now it's just another place to get articles you have to compare against a bunch of other articles to try to guess at the right answer. And no immediate trustworthy help in a crisis. Since they pay for words, not heart.
Critter love is not a business, it's a calling.

I'm so glad you're having a life of your own Jo! But whoever's in charge of this site now has sunk the Titanic, downed the Hindenberg, and deprived many critters and their people of the best care possible.

Back