what do you use to clean your cage?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilangel

hello wondering if their is a homemade cleaner i could make thats safe to clean the cages of the ratties? right now i only use dish soap but seems sometimes not take the smell out. thanks for any help.

I use vinegar and water to clean mine.....I also use baking soda and water, scrub it good and then lots of water to rinse........I find this gives it a great cleaning and gets rid of any smell.........I use the baking soda when I take my cage outside to clean. (a couple times a week)

I use a wee bit of dish soap and vinegar to clean mine. But most recently, it has been brought to our attention that we need to start scrubbing with a bleach since we have huge colonies and we need to get rid of as much bacteria as we can.

When the weather is nice I like to take mine out in the driveway and take a pressure washer to them. I scrub icky spots with a stiff brush, then I mist them with a product by Tammy Taylor called Disinfect-Disinfect-Disinfect (which has a lovely peach scent) and let dry in the sun.

When I can't to that I have to drag the beasts into my bathtub and just scrub them down with dish soap. Needless to say that my cages are a lot cleaner in the summer than they are in winter!

Edit to say that I'm referring to the cages when I call them beasts!

i much prefer the warmer weather to clean the cages, i love my power hose, haha. i've been using nolvosan (sp?) recently. love that stuff

Back