What are the chances of an impending new litter????

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnamaz

Well even thought the vet had not detected any pregnancy in our new rescue.... Im starting to wonder if it was just to early????? We had our dear rat lover friend over the otehr night, she awesome, to help us answer some of our questions on our recent litter of 16....
I have posted some pics because I have noticed a bigger waistline and now some nipple action..... Tell me what you honestly think guys.... :wallbang: Remember her current living situation.. It was only 19 days ago that she was in contact with another male rat.. :rant:

No! This is our newest rescue Shmoo!!! I picked her up on the 7th... She is a very timid rat and I would feel so horrible for her if she is pregnant.. She was so mis treated before I got her.... What do you think???

If the last time she was with a male was 19 days ago, she would look like she swallowed a baseball. That tummy doesn't look big enough to be 19 days pregnant.

Well that leaves me a little less concerned.... But I have to admitt that the person who had her before me is not exactly the brightest person if you know what I mean... Her nipples never showed before, and she did get a little rounder.. Guess I'll just keep an eye on her.... :)

If she's being much better fed with you, she'll gain some weight and that will make her nipples more prominent as well.
But... at 19 days pregnant, you could most likely be able to palpate the babies.

Well like I said, she could be less then 19 days... But she is being fed better... I will have to feel for babies.. How soon can I feel them??

Sometimes it can be hard to tell if you're dealing with a very small litter, also.

Unfortunately when it comes to rattie pregnancies often you really just have to wait and see :(

I had a hard time convincing myself that my rescue rattie was preggo. Her belly got pretty round - was it baby fat? Or was it BABIES? By the time I caved in and put her in a separate cage, she had the babies that night!
Those bare nipples would make me veeeerrrrry watchful. As Moon said, maybe it's a small litter (one can hope!)

Welcome to my stressful moment...... Well Im pretty sure that she is pregnant.... I think I saw babies moving around in her belly and she is building a huge nest...... :panic: :wallbang:
Crazy............................................................. well thank god I just got a new cage......................................

We put her in her own cage so she can nest alittle, we are thinking it will be any day now for sure. her nad her cage mate were having some issues with with each other (lots of fighting). She is now in the new cage i got, which is big enogh for 3 rats according to the rat calculator....
By the way.... Now that my other litter is 3 weeks as of yesterday, should I be sperating them???? :doh:

Back