What a weekend...02/19 pics!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilez_n_hugs

Of course this all decides to happen when I work 6:30 am to 6:30 pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So I come home from work last night to find one of my boys who has chronic uri issues panicking because he's not getting enough oxygen :( Luckily my rat vet happened to be the one on call at the clinic so in we go. Turns out his lungs were full of fluid so I made the decision to let him go.

And then I come home tonight to one of my other boys laying in the bottom of the cage. He has been off the passed couple days but I assumed it had to do with him losing his brother earlier this week but now I'm sure it's something more. I'm leaning towards a PT but it could also be a stroke. Luckily I've got pred on hand so I'm going to start him on that and pray I don't need another emergency vet visit because of course this happens on a long weekend :( Man I'm having terrible luck lately.

Oh I am so so sorry!!! I hope its PT because you could try bromocriptine for that if you wanted to. Good luck with your ailing boy and so sorry about your loss. :(

Yes it definitely is a lot of work but I'm on the home stretch now and Dexter is looking a little brighter this morning! He's moving around and has made his way to the water bottle for a drink. He also isn't in need of a baby wipe bath this morning like he was last night. Fingers crossed that he continues to improve.

:dance: :dance: Dex is continuing to improve! His co ordination has come back enough that he was able to make it up the ladder to find his cagemate to sleep with :heart:

So he's still not 100% but he went nuts for his meds and ensure tonight :heart:

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

Back