Wee roan Chubs

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jorats said:
What beauties!! now, these guys aren't considered blazes or high whites right? Roan is completely different, right?

No, not high white at all (and I would NEVER want them mixed into those lines - hence my extreme overprotectiveness of these kids!). They are blazed (obviously), but it is a recessive blazing gene that is directly linked to the fading that causes them to "roan out". For example if you breed a roan to a roan carrier - all the pups in the litter that have blazes will be roans- you can tell that as soon as they start to color up :D

I don't know anything about colors, all I know for sure is that your babies sure are cute :kisses: I :heart: the first pic of the 14 day old, the baby is like hey, you! Lookit how cute I am :baby:

For anyone curious I had a previous conversation with TEK about these bubs and their colours. If I remember correctly the lightest babies are platinums, the next lightest is platinum agouti, the chestnut sweeties are cinnamon and I believe the darkest boy is a mink. :)

Now you can watch them grow into their colours :)

Here are a few more photos taken - btw ignore the use of the phrase "hooded" in the description of the one boy - I'm currently working on writing the US standards for the RSA for the Roans and just like the UK standards they will be called Striped Roans, as it fits much more appropriately than hooded!

Dragontamers1.jpg

keeper17days.jpg

roanhug1.jpg

roanhug2.jpg

Back