Wee roan Chubs

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEKrats

I just wanted to share a couple photos of my 4 day old roan litter- these little guys (and girls) are CHUBBY! As you can see they are pigmenting up very VERY quickly!!

Joephi4days2.jpg

Joephi4days1.jpg

Wow they are beautiful Dan!!
Can you post a pic of mom and dad so others can see the parents? Not all these people may know Joephi and Finnegan. :cheeky:

Looks like you got some very nice roans with this match. "thumbup:

jorats said:
What darling little cherubs!!

To give you an idea of how chubby these 6 monsters are, 3 smaller siblings from an older and much larger litter were introduced to Joephi to foster. The older pups are either the same size or slightly smaller than their 4 day younger foster siblings. :shock:

Sure thing - Here are the links to the pages of their parents - in Finnegan's little blurb I left out "roan" because at that point it was still being decided if he was actually fading or not- he is INDEED a roan and is indeed fading, however it is so slow (which is exactly what I am breeding for as far as this type goes- slow color fading in the pattern).
http://www.tekkarats.com/rats/Finnegan.htm
and
http://www.tekkarats.com/rats/Joephi.htm

And a few more recent ones of both parents:

finnegan3.jpg

finnegan2-1.jpg

Finnegan1-1.jpg

Poor Joephi!
Joephitum.jpg

A few new shots of the little guys - like lilspaz said- these guys are *exceptionally* rare in North America- as far as I know I am the only person in the North East who has them. I recently sent kids to the breeder I work with in Chicago, so hopefully we can concentrate on them together - it's been stressful being the ONLY person working with them for the last few years!
(However, not as stressful as placing them, since I don't trust ANYONE with them!)

Joephi5days1.jpg

Joephi5days2.jpg

Joephi5days3.jpg

jorats said:
Very beautiful! So those ratties should all fade to white when they get older?

Did you import your roans from the UK?

My roans are out of CA stock which was shipped to me about 4 years ago- the roans started popping up recessively and are most likely linked back to imported UK lines.

As for the fading- my roans currently are keeping their color longer and longer periods of time! While they do indeed fade - none of them are pure white - this is exactly what I am aiming for in the line - maintaining color (or in the case of the hoodeds- the dorsal stripe- for as long as possible.

Back