Weather

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got a TON of snow last year, and our plows were on strike for the winter in Kawarth Lakes, there were days when we couldn't leave our house for a few days at a time...
:rant:

I sure hope we don't have that happen again anytime soon...

I'll be putting up my outdoor decorations this weekend I think, not turning on t he lights or anything, but it's getting to cold to leave it any longer, and there's NOTHING worse than trying to put up christmas lights, when your fingers are FROZEN :doh:

It looks cold...brrrr! and here I was whinging about our "cold" snap yesterday where it was 18C!

We don't get much snow in Australia, mostly high up in the Victoria/NSW Allps. It's never snowed in my lifetime where I live but I remember seeing pics of it in Sydney back in the 1970's.

We're heading into a hot summer :D

Snow is still around!! Did you at least get 6 months without snow? I seem to remember you still had snow in May? which means only 5 months without. :shock:

We had far more snow than usual last winter. Ottawa, Canada's capital city, came within 7 centimetres, I believe, of setting a new snowfall record. I don't remember exactly how long it took for all that snow to melt, but I thought it was pretty much gone by mid-April or so.

Up to 15cm of snow is forecast tomorrow night for the city of Ottawa and surrounding areas. Strong winds will create blowing snow, poor visibility and dangerous driving conditions. Welcome to winter!
0006.gif

No snow here in Syracuse, NY. But it sure is chilly out. I am sure we will get a couple of good snow falls in Nov. and Dec. but it doesn't ever stay for too long. Then Feb. will come and we will get pounded. Its soo wierd how the seasons have changed! We used to always have snow by Christmas, but last year no snow on Christmas :sad3: . I think we had a little the year before...I love having snow on Christmas, it adds a little something to the holiday.

I can't wait for the first real snow fall, after that I want it to be warm again...lol

KMG365 said:
Up to 15cm of snow is forecast tomorrow night for the city of Ottawa and surrounding areas. Strong winds will create blowing snow, poor visibility and dangerous driving conditions. Welcome to winter!
0006.gif

The forecasters are now calling for only 3cm of snow.

Correction - Ottawa is still forecast to get 15cm of snow. The area I'm in now was forecast to get that much snow, but they're now calling for only 3cm. Of course, I'm travelling to Ottawa tonight, so I get the worst of both! :wink:

It snowed during the night. :shock: It is the 5th Nov We had no snow during the winter and we get it now :gaah: :rant:

DSCF8814.jpg

DSCF8818.jpg

Owner of above footprints
DSCF8819.jpg

DSCF8820.jpg

It is melting fast but we are still getting snow showers
DSCF8824.jpg

Latest posts

Back