We have progress :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitLuvs

Happy to announce that not only have Stewart, Dean and Sam come to the idea that they ENJOY us and want to be picked up and played with tons but now Shai has a new idea of his own too!

Tonight while cleaning cages, I left Shai with no option but to be totally naked of his home and out in the open. He had no shelter, no house, no hammock.. nodda. And guess what he did? Sucked up to me, the stinker. I now have another happy boy in this house who enjoys being around me (us). I never got nipped once, he actually gave me a kiss on the lips. I can officially stick my hands in the cage and do as I please and he just sniffs me and goes about his business. He even enjoyed a tour of the place on our shoulders as he is totally accepting of my fiance too.

For those wondering, Shai has been EXTREMELY agressive since I brought him home a month ago to the point of charging the doors should I even come around his cage. We have moved him out to the open, beside our front door in high traffic and within 2 weeks, he is a totally new rat.

It might have been the fact that I told him the other night that me and him gotta stick together. The other 3 boys LOVE my fiance and only tollerate me. Me and Shai had no one, so I asked if we could be friends. Corny I know, but I think it worked! :wink2:

Isn't it a nice feeling when you finally conquer the enemy and become friends. Congrats.

Back