*Waves* I'm alive, there's new rats to share, plus a 2-year adoption anniversary!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhapsody

Egads, its been forever since I've been on here last! Life has been super busy juggling between work (I'm back at full-time), my year-old baby, and the furkids. But I think I've managed to find a delicate balance between them all.

And yes, despite parental interference (on my side of course) about my rattie crew, they are still a big part of my life. Last month, I was down to two 1.5 year old brothers (Romulus and Remus) and my super senior gal (Stick) when Romulus unexpectedly passed away. So I began the scramble to get buddies lined up Remus - seriously, Stick is so old and frail that I half expect her to be gone whenever I check in on them. Last Sunday (Valentine's Day) I did some meet 'n greets with a bunch of spayed and neutered hoarder rats at my local rescue and adopted three that seemed the most compatible with my Remus - a sweet hunky argente/topaz (?) boy, a super mellow black berkshire boy, and a very impish black berkshire girl. For now, the newbies are living in a temp cage while I'm doing gradual intros with Remus. Stick is sitting this merger out since I don't want to hasten her decline with additional stress.

Here's the newbies!

Rupert (his is the only name I know at the moment)
newtrio06_zps4sma82wm.jpg

Male black berkshire
newtrio05_zpsujwqwwlj.jpg

Female black berkshire
newtrio08_zpsox05lrhq.jpg

Group photos!
newtrio09_zps73qispeu.jpg

newtrio13_zpsacbxsp3j.jpg

newtrio12_zpsmmnaruoy.jpg

newtrio11_zps0kvxjrch.jpg

newtrio10_zpsl9cgfhhp.jpg

newtrio14_zpssgokwzvi.jpg

And speaking of Stick, she blitzed past her two-year adoption anniversary on January 11th!

Here she is back in 2014:

donestick_zpscbcb9494.jpg

011114_ng04_zps8b966839.jpg

011114_ng03_zps7d74ec1b.jpg

And here's my little old lady now. You can see how her rexy gray fur has rusted over time, and has become patchy here and there.

oldstick01_zpse54jogyn.jpg

oldstick02_zpslccpfi3j.jpg

oldstick03_zpsqp0uxirx.jpg

oldstick04_zpsbzrnnbv6.jpg

You have gotten yourself some big squishies ♡♡ I love the progression of Stick's ears. I've never noticed that they get wrinkly with age.... They are all so precious...

Back