Watermelon finally has a family :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until they are just checking each other out or hanging out, no real pinning (unless a young'un is obnoxious). You want Stranger status to change to "Oh you again?" :laugh4:

She sounds like a very good alpha, but pinning Gaterie is just part of the routine. Pin one, pin them all until they "get it" through their thick ratty skulls. :wink2: After they are living together, only troublemakers will get pinned and reminded.

It sounds like you have a very nice little colony starting up, and will be able to watch the social structure on Rat TV :)

Another thing I noticed (hard to explain in words) Watermelon has started to.........don't know how to explain it.......do short, little puffs of air, like fast short exhales through her nose???? when she has her victim pinned. Is this a reinforcement of her status?
As for the pee Jorats, I thought she did it cause she was scared. :doh:
another question :blahblah: in the next 2 - 3 weeks I will be bring home another rattie for sure (could be more) If Watermelon has not become part of the family by then, should I start over to be safe (switching cages) Weather it be 1 or 4 ratties, I don't think the intro to Gaterie's bunch will be difficult as they are all related. Will they remember each other?

ryelle said:
does she puff up when she huffs?

Not at all, nothing funny with her body.........just the.........I don't know what to call it......... the sound. This is gross but it would be like......when you blow your full nose and there is still stuff in there, so you keep blowing but nothing comes out, so you start doing short, fast, blows to help those little nastys dislodge!! :laugh4: Sorry, I don't know how else to describe it!

Ya, and intro's still make me want to barf :sick2: but I have to do it, cause I love the little creatures! :D

The nose thing, that's part of her being alpha or showing she's alpha.
I would continue intros as is and when you get the new rats, I would plop them in the intros as if they've been part of it all along.
And no... I don't think they will remember each other.

jorats said:
The nose thing, that's part of her being alpha or showing she's alpha.
:happydance:
I would continue intros as is and when you get the new rats, I would plop them in the intros as if they've been part of it all along.
JUST PLOP.....PART OF IT ALL ALONG :yikes:
And no... I don't think they will remember each other
THEY WON'T REMEMBER :cry3: OH NO HERE IT COMES :sick2:

Its been approximately 3 weeks and I thought I would update everyone regarding my intros. A picture speaks a thousand words. Now I'm ready to do it all over again, when my next 2 come home on Saturday :joy:

This is Watermelon and Gaterie

This is all 4 together. Notice my terror "Squee" in the back....busy, busy, busy.

I am so excited, I can't wait to get Rose and Luna home to their new family. :bunnydance:

Ok, so...I manage to get everyone together and everything is great. On Sunday I set up my CN and started to move it from my bedroom to Jill's room when the phone rang. Of course I had to answer, it was my son driving my car....anyway I finish my call and can hear my little doggie crying....but I can't find her. After 10 minutes of franticly searching I found her. I had stopped moving the CN when the phone rang and it ended up stopped in my bedroom doorway. I didn't know the dog was stuck in my bedroom :laugh4: honest :laugh4:

This is Lexi inbetween the CN Shelf. Notice her legs under the shelf. The goof was just laying there crying!

but no worries...Abby showed us where cry baby Lexi was!
"Don't worry Lexi.....mummy will get you out!"

To continue....here is my CN. I have since moved a few things around. This picture was moments before I locked my doggie in the bedroom.

Biscuit

Luna & Gaterie (its like they have never been apart) For those that don't know, Dee and I believe they are sisters. Thanks for Luna Dee. :D

Rose on top & Gaterie inside

Watermelon after investigating the new pad.

Porcelet in the tube with Watermelon. Can someone tell me what they think may have happened to Watermelons right leg?

So these are my 6 beautiful babies :D Welcome to your forever home!! :cuddle:

Watermelon looks like she sprained her paw/leg a little. I wouldn't worry about it, they usually heal right up. Its common with newer rats who never had nice big cages to climb. :wink2:

they all look soo wonderful! Is Rose a real monkey? :giggle:

Back