Water intake?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CardboardCastles

I did the unthinkable over the weekend....I ran out of blocks on Saturday, and the food I ordered won't be in until Friday of this week because of a shipping mix up.

In the interim, my girls are getting PLENTY of veggies, and I've been giving them old fashioned oats, flax seed oil, a few pieces of raw whole grain pasta, and a few tablespoons of veggie baby food a day....I'm noticing today, after 3 days of this, that they're not drinking anywhere NEAR as much as usual....I fill their bottles at night, and typically, by the next night when I refill, its almost empty, for the past two days I'm lucky if it hits the halfway point...

Could it be that they're getting sdo much water in the veggies/babyfood that they just aren't as thirty?

Also, any other "meal" ideas for me so I can stretch till Friday....none of the local petstores sell extrusion, and I really don't have the money to spend on a bag of food that isn't going to get used completely...in fact, I have about $10 to last me the rest of this week...car issues make me grumpy and poor.

There is an incredible amount of water in veggies, so don't worry about their intake.

They can basically eat a well balanced meal that you would make for yourself. Potatoes, bit of meat, veggies, vary it up every day. Omelettes, casseroles...

Same thing happen to me!! I just got my lab blocks, but I was out for over a week and my rats were getting soo many fruits and veggies, their water barely moved! It's funny how everything evens itself out....

Back