Washing machine for dogs & cats?!?!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adreabri

Someone posted a list on their facebook about the top five things that are automated that shouldn't be and this was on there...

This is retarded I think. Just wondered if anyone has seen this or has any experience in it.

The first video is a dog and the dog doesn't seem to thrilled about it but he doesn't seem like he cares for it too much...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k05AfPBPk30

This video is a cat and its sorta disheartening. That cat is not happy and this is just sickening...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VfSl0iGAus

Ignore the irritating music...

Just wanted you guys opinions on this. How could this honestly be used? I've been looking for some articles or whatever but I really haven't found a whole lot..

I'm very very leery of putting any living critter into any automated machine like that - you never know when it might ... malfunction.

And jeebers, what a great way of giving a poor cat a heart attack!

If I put Zelda in something like that, I would no longer have a face as soon as I opened the door. She would spend the entire time in there plotting my violent demise.

:sad3: What is this I don't even :cry4: OMG how can anyone think this is okay to do? The poor dog looks like he thinks he's being punished and doesn't know why, but that poor cat is flat-out terrified and panicking! There's one point there where he looks like he's about to pass out from fear :redhot: :cry3: There's no way I could ever condone this. :rant:

Dahlas said:
That is AWFUL and should be illegal...that is a sick form of torture. Those animals are frightened.....
Yeah. This pretty much covers it.
That poor cat... I don't think "not a happy kitty" quite covers it.
That poor dog looked like he was trying to figure out what he EVER did so wrong so as to get water sprayed in his face like that. :sad3:
I hope they make these machines illegal.

I would think that would be extremely traumatizing for many animals. One of the only things that keeps nervous animals calm while washing is knowing their owners are washing them and the trust they have with them.. to shove them in a machine alone..omg.. I wouldnt even go in there.. this is just mental abuse for the animals.

I only watched the cat vid. It looks absolutely awful. The poor creature is terrified. Cats are meticulously clean animals. Granted, there will be older ones who need a bit of help keeping some parts of their bodies clean (much like our older rats), and cats with certain types of fur that need sanitary clips from time to time. Same with dogs. A machine like that is completely uneccessary. Anyone wanting to have a pet should be willing to put in the time and energy to spend time bathing their own pets. Would you hand your infant over to be locked in a machine and sprayed with water, or would you take the time to bathe your baby in the sink? Many dog lovers enjoy that time with their dogs. On the rare occasions when I've had to bathe a cat, while I feared for my life I was much happier doing it in our own home, where the cat was familiar and less frightened. Often the cats I've had to bathe (for health reasons usually) went kind of catatonic after the initial freak out and would just stand pitifully in the water and let me do my job. None of this locking a cat in a box nonsense and having it sprayed from all angles. Ugh. Absolutely horrid.

I also worry about how safe that machine is. Someone flushes a toilet in my house while the shower is running, and the shower water turns wicked hot. Anything could go wrong with that machine and the animal inside could be scalded to death.

Back