Warrick has a wound on his tail. need help

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsayfawn

I fed Warrick at 4:30 and he had no wound on his tail. At 9 when Ang fed him he has this massive wound on his tail. There is nothing in his cage that could do this. I checked everything. I have no idea what happened.

It looks almost cut down the tail like sliced or starting to de glove?

It really hurts him. Can he even have anything for pain?

Long conversation on facebook that is on goin lol

He has had his metacame, washed with saline and is having theraderm cream put on the wound. Still have no idea how he would have done this. it looks like something sliced down. Like peeling a carrot kinda thing.

I don't think so but who really knows. I would think a bite would be more puncture wounds. This looks like as if someone took a peeler and tried to peel of part of his tail.

I can't see this being a burn either but just in case I wrapped a 4th blanket around the heating padd. I'm going to bring him with me tomorrow to see Dr. Rose when I take Prue in.

No other rats near him and no other pet could get near him either. He is in this now

We're thinking maybe a burn from the heating padd but I dunno. I had it wrapped in 4-5 blankets plus with his blankies on top. Shelagh suggest putting the heating padd under the cage so that's what I did. Seems to have the same effect which is good!

He ate great when I fed him at 1:30 and he has lots of energy when I took him out. Poor little guy.

To me looks like a second degree burn where the blister has popped more than a laceration. Poor baby hope he feels better soon.

I seen a baby his size that her foot was injured. It went black, withered up and fell off. The point of the story is even at that age they can be super durable. Just keep it clean and lots of extra kisses :)

He seems to be doing really well considering. He's energetic, eating well ect.

I figure Dr. Rose might as well take a look at him just in case.

Feel so bad. I hope it heals ok.

Warrick is doing really good. You would never know that he has a injury the way he acts.

It looks like it is healing really well. We're going to see Dr. Rose today to make sure everything is good.

He had a big weight gain over night. At 2:30am he went up to 13grams and then at 10am this morning he was up to 15grams!

Thanks.

Dr. Rose says he looks awesome. He was quite the ladies man at the vets lol She thinks it looks more like a cut than a burn. She wants us to keep up with the theraderm cream which seems to be working wonders.

He's a whole 15grams lol

Back