Wally - BAD lung sounds !!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

What the heck is this???? He sounds like a motorboat ... We cannot get him into the vet until Friday, but we have Chlorpalm, baytril, and doxy on hand. I have no idea what his weight is though.

Video is still downloading should take about another 7 minutes....

If it's congestion, I'd get him on Baytril for sure and maybe even baytril and doxy.

Told hubby to hold off for a bit, but he went ahead with the Chlorpalm. Screwed up the download - had to start over going to take about 15 minutes.

I've heard that before, it might be more nasally than lungs, lets hope anyways. Definitely Baytril and doxy.

That could be because he does go quiet every so often... Tomorrow we will start the baytril/doxy unless you think they can be given at the same time as the chlorpalm. In not, I'll start them in the am. Don't know his size, but I just ordered a scale.

So the boys spent the day at work with me - well, they hung out in the locker room. Daddy got stuck at work so I had to hope I could get a later appointment for Wally. Wally did get in later and of course, he wasn't making the sound anymore, but it has been on and off since I started this thread. I did however, bring the video with me. He thinks its the start of a URI since every so often there is a whish sound in his lungs. So he is on doxy only, which I questioned, but he thinks since we're catching it so early that should do the job. Opinions???? I have baytril on hand .... that the other boys are getting

My Wally has the same sounds. Comes and goes, it's more so when he is excited. Sounds mostly like nasal. We have him on baytril now.

Watching the video, that noise definitely sounds nasal, not in his lungs. I estimate he weighs about 450 to 500g or right around 1 pound. To weigh my rats I have a digital cooking scale and I put the rat to be weighed in his travel cage, weigh the whole thing, then take him out and weigh the cage empty. Subtract the weight of the cage from the cage with rat, and you have the rat's weight. I've noticed that most healthy adult males weigh 400-500g.

I hope that helps and good luck Wally!

Watching the video, that noise definitely sounds nasal, not in his lungs. I estimate he weighs about 450 to 500g or right around 1 pound. To weigh my rats I have a digital cooking scale and I put the rat to be weighed in his travel cage, weigh the whole thing, then take him out and weigh the cage empty. Subtract the weight of the cage from the cage with rat, and you have the rat's weight. I've noticed that most healthy adult males weigh 400-500g.

I hope that helps and good luck Wally!

I have a scale on the way. He went to the vet yesterday he is in the 400 weight range I think, I forgot his information sheet in the car. He is only about 3 months old

Poor Wally he sounds bunged up! My Galaxy boy makes those noises from time to time its defo nasal and usually because of the dry air or when he's stressed I always treat it with antibiotics just to make sure.
I hope your lovely Wally feel better soon.

Poor Wally he sounds bunged up! My Galaxy boy makes those noises from time to time its defo nasal and usually because of the dry air or when he's stressed I always treat it with antibiotics just to make sure.
I hope your lovely Wally feel better soon.

Is your boy a nakie too?

Back