Wallace Stumptail - RIP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueSkyy

Mr. Wallace Stumptail
"Stumpleton"

Mr. Wallace Stumptail was abandoned with thirteen of his brothers on the loading dock of the Lakewood, CO Petco on January 8th, 2014. They were left in the cold with no food or water, and one of my managers was threatening to "whack them" for snake food because our store didn't have the capacity to house that many adult rats.

I fought to save them, and so, all thirteen became my charges. I cared for them and when they had finished their course of antibiotics and Ivermectin, I took Mr. Wallace Stumptail and his brother, Rhombus, home with me. The remaining eleven were all successfully adopted in pairs or more to loving forever homes. :)

He LOVES people, even more than other rats. He'll pick the human over his cage-mates any time. If you call him, he comes trit-trotting over with his stump-tail sticking straight up in the air. He does have horrible balance because of his amputation, however, and often tips over while grooming himself. It's very weird to feel his stump trying to wrap around your arm when he's being held!

Mr. Wallace Stumptail is currently having a bit of a hormone problem and is scheduled to be neutered on March 11th. Wish him luck!

stump.png

lolli1.jpg

lolli2.jpg

lolli.jpg

Back